Nail condition query relating to Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxiwoo

Reaction score
Does anyone recognise this nail condition? A few of my regular Shellac clients are starting to get really dry nails. They come every three weeks and have had Shellac service for about 6 months now. I use all the correct CND products to remove & apply Shellac (ie nourish remover, scrub fresh & d sperse). I advise them to use a cuticle oil every day but would the dryness occur if its not solar oil? And should they have a break from Shellac every now and then and if so, after how long? before anyone suggests it, It's not leukanichia as white patches are on top of the nail plate, not underneath. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393289373.152638.jpg
Thx x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393289354.593407.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393289354.593407.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 338
The client herself might be experiencing a problem with one of the ingredients. I myself also react to the soak off solution with doing nails 8hours a day and wear gloves so google over exposure and they have some interesting Info which can help you. If she is worried must go to a doctor.

It looks like dehydration marks. Take a look at the ibx thread as using that underneath her shellac would probably help her no end.

Thx - where can I find IBX thread? Have put in search and nothing coming up

Thx - where can I find IBX thread? Have put in search and nothing coming up

I'm on my phone so don't know how to post a link but if you put "IBX" in the search engine or " IBX before and after" then I'm pretty sure it should come up.

Latest posts

Back