Nail desk rental and beauty room-how much?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

souz

Reaction score
for those of you who rent or rent out whats the average rate to renting a nail desk/beauty room and what is included in this ie gas/electric/tea/coffee etc

Im not sure if i want to employ someone to work with me or whether i want to rent nail desk/beauty room out so just looking at all the options x

I rent and pay £25 this includes everything (gas, electric,water etc) I use the room and nail table. I contribute towards tea and coffee x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

A day. Sorry forgot to add that!

I rent a room I think £30 a day is roughly ok maybe more depending on the type of area/salon etc x I wouldn't really pay more personally x

thanks ladies, i thought around that...just have to wait to finalise premises and get my furniture in and see what room i have left!

one more question, how did you find out about your rooms/desks? where would be the best place to advertise?

I rent a desk. The owner takes 40% of what I earn.
She supply's tea/coffee & there's a kitchen area that I have use of.

I'm about to start renting and giving the owner 25% of my takings, I supply all my own products, but she supples furniture and tea/coffee etc, she also supplies most of the clients.

I checked gum tree,guild website classified section and eventually found the salon owner on a local website called used wolverhampton. That came up on Google after searching beauty rooms to rent etc. Maybe Google that for your area and see where the ads are and place an ad on those sites. Hope this makes sense I've got sun brain at the moment! X

I work off of commission the owner gets 40% :)

Hi Souz
I rent out a room 2 days a week for £25 per day - bearing in mind that we are in the middle of nowhere! For that, tea, coffee etc is included. I had offered use of our booking system which she declined and I have since read that this can make someone appear 'employed' which she definitely isn't. I wanted peace of mind that I would have a fixed amount each week/month coming in. I also provide all towels etc so there is continuity throughout, and I know that things are nice and clean. The room is also used by my daughter and so is kept clean and fresh. Hope that helps. The only thing I would add is that she isn't actually that busy, so a percentage would have been a nightmare for us x

I rent a desk and a room and pay a %age. I pay 30% on nails including manis & pedis as I supply my own products. Then on the beauty side I pay 40% as the salon provide all the beauty products. This covers everything - electric, tea/coffee, advertising etc etc. Its working out really well.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I rent a space in a hair salon on a busy central London high street and I pay 30%.

I supply all my own products and equipment and they do refreshments, book in my clients etc.

I'm not on their main booking system, I have my own book which they keep at the reception desk.

I take all of my own bills and pay them each week.

Its fab! x

thanks everyone, really appreciate the responses.......i think a daily rate would suit me better to be honest...just need to get into premises and work out what i have lol

Latest posts

Back