Nail prep help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marissa1499

Reaction score
Hi I am a young up and coming nail tech and my biggest issue right now is nail prep. I have watched a million videos and consulted with other nail techs to find out different methods and products that they use and to no avail, I still have issues with my acrylic lifting. Can someone please help because I am out of solutions. I recently bought the young nails protein bond and I am praying that it works as they say it does because I am on the verge of giving up.

Hi I am a young up and coming nail tech and my biggest issue right now is nail prep. I have watched a million videos and consulted with other nail techs to find out different methods and products that they use and to no avail, I still have issues with my acrylic lifting. Can someone please help because I am out of solutions. I recently bought the young nails protein bond and I am praying that it works as they say it does because I am on the verge of giving up.

Who did you train with?
Which brand are you using?
What is your prep routine?

self taught, i plan to get my nail tech license soon though
using mia secret primer, monomer, and polymer mainly with lily secret dehydrator but i bought the young nails protein bond that i am going to try soon
prep routine: push cuticles back, scrape the sticky layer off, cuticle nippers to free away any dead skin, then use my cuticle drill bit to file away more sticky layer, then finish by filing nail surface with 180-grit file and apply dehydrator

The very best advice anyone can give you is to wait until you have started your professional training before attempting to apply these products as videos aren't enough and application and prep varies from brand to brand. If you pick up bad habits and incorrect techniques now, not only are they hard to correct later, but you are putting yourself and your models/clients at risk of developing nail damage and life long allergies due to over exposure to undercured products.

Latest posts

Back