Copper formula help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amelia95

Reaction score
Hey!
So when it comes to copper or warmer shades, I panic. In the past my copper has either came out too red, too vibrant or wishy washy. Having used wella’s 7.34 recently, it was too vibrant and with my short cut it looked like David Bowie.

I am wanting to achieve my goal shade, and start only needing to do root touch ups and grow my hair out for my wedding in 2 years exactly.

Currently I’ve an 8.0 with a t bar of foils lifted to a 9.

I know the /34 tone in wella is different than the .34 tone in L’Oréal, so I am thinking of putting Inoa 8.34 and 8.0 on all over (my hair is a grown out pixie, so not afraid of any damage as I cut my hair off around 6 months ago and the 8.0 and lights were my first colour.

Will this get me close to the photos? Or should I pre pig with some yellow, and then drop to a 7.34 and 7.0

Using the 7.0 as a way to dull the .34 tone.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! Suggestions in L’Oréal would be best, but I’m willing to use most colour houses.
Also excuse the rattling of me on this post. It’s nearly 2am and I’m in a panic as I need to get this shade right for engagement photos.

Attachments

• IMG_2718.jpeg
    IMG_2718.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2713.jpeg
    IMG_2713.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2714.jpeg
    IMG_2714.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2717.jpeg
    IMG_2717.jpeg
    138.8 KB · Views: 0
Hey!
So when it comes to copper or warmer shades, I panic. In the past my copper has either came out too red, too vibrant or wishy washy. Having used wella’s 7.34 recently, it was too vibrant and with my short cut it looked like David Bowie.

I am wanting to achieve my goal shade, and start only needing to do root touch ups and grow my hair out for my wedding in 2 years exactly.

I know the /34 tone in wella is different than the .34 tone in L’Oréal, so I am thinking of putting Inoa 8.34 and 8.0 on all over (my hair is a grown out pixie, so not afraid of any damage as I cut my hair off around 6 months ago and the 8.0 and lights were my first colour.

Will this get me close to the photos? Or should I pre pig with some yellow, and then drop to a 7.34 and 7.0

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! Suggestions in L’Oréal would be best, but I’m willing to use most colour houses.
Also excuse the rattling of me on this post. It’s nearly 2am and I’m in a panic as I need to get this shade right for engagement photos.
I'd probably go with wella Kolesten 2parts 8/04 + 1part 8/73.

Hey!

I'd probably go with wella Kolesten 2parts 8/04 + 1part 8/73

I'd probably go with wella Kolesten 2parts 8/04 + 1part 8/73
Just pulled the colour swatches out. The swatch for 8/04 in wella seems very vibrant. Their /4 is red isn’t it? I blame my inexperience with wella for not checking up on their tones before I applied the David Bowie 7/34.

Wella 7:47 is more of a natural Aurburn I think in the picture you’re showing it’s more of a faded colour than a fresh colour ! In my experience coppers can always looks more vibrant when first done x

And a /4 in wella is copper !

Latest posts

Back