Nail services from home salon? So nervous!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevieleannex

Reaction score
I'm currently studying NVQ Level 3 at college and qualify in June, I have also completed Shellac training and love l&p! I currently offer these treatments from home and have mostly treated friends and family. I have recently set up a Facebook page to advertise my services. I'm very confident with clients at college and am fine with family and friends at home.

The thing is Im so scared and nervous when it comes to treating
new clients at home! I have had one new client who's nails I did from
Home but it just makes me so nervous and I actually dread their appointments! I love doing the actual treatments I just feel awkward and nervous about these new people coming to my home. I really would appreciate some tips on this as it is preventing me from starting out my business and showing people what I can do.

Thanks in advance geeks x

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi why do you feel nervous about people coming to your home? i have worked from home for 7 years and have rented places in between but can honestly say now that working from home is better for me, I do have a treatment room which is for treatments only which is well equipped, clients walk through my front door then straight upstairs to my room so I dont have to worry about them invading my personnel space, give it some time and if you feel you cannot relax mobile service might be better for you, hth

Hi hun. I work from home! What exactly is it do you think that makes you nervous? If you love doing the treatment it can't be a confidence in your work issue can it. Is it the fact that people are walking through your home? Could you have a separate entrance? xx

I'm totally confident in the treatments I think it's purely just the fact of people I don't know coming into my home, and not knowing what to speak about etc. but dealing with clients at college I'm fine. It's starting to get on my nerves because I just want to be fine with it all! :( x

I'm currently studying NVQ Level 3 at college and qualify in June, I have also completed Shellac training and love l&p! I currently offer these treatments from home and have mostly treated friends and family. I have recently set up a Facebook page to advertise my services. I'm very confident with clients at college and am fine with family and friends at home.

The thing is Im so scared and nervous when it comes to treating
new clients at home! I have had one new client who's nails I did from
Home but it just makes me so nervous and I actually dread their appointments! I love doing the actual treatments I just feel awkward and nervous about these new people coming to my home. I really would appreciate some tips on this as it is preventing me from starting out my business and showing people what I can do.

Thanks in advance geeks x

Hi, I fealt exactly the same when I first started...it's just fear of the un known I think. The only way over it is to just get stuck in. The more clients you see the more your confidence grows. Don't worry, you will soon start to relax and enjoy it. Good luck x

Hi, I fealt exactly the same when I first started...it's just fear of the un known I think. The only way over it is to just get stuck in. The more clients you see the more your confidence grows. Don't worry, you will soon start to relax and enjoy it. Good luck x

So reassuring to know I'm not the only one that's feels/has felt like this. How long did it take you to feel comfortable with treating clients from home? X

I used to be mobile and the thought of going into someone's home scared the living daylights out of me at first! You don't know who they are but you soon get used to it and its like second nature so I assume its the same in your own home! Takes time but it also really builds your confidence and you could chat to them for hours about any old nonsense :) good luck xx

I used to be mobile and the thought of going into someone's home scared the living daylights out of me at first! You don't know who they are but you soon get used to it and its like second nature so I assume its the same in your own home! Takes time but it also really builds your confidence and you could chat to them for hours about any old nonsense :) good luck xx

Yeah the thought of mobile scares me too! Think I just need to throw myself in because I do love creating beautiful nails. It's just not knowing them, and the thought of them
Coming into my home and judging it, maybe? Probably over thinking things and being silly! X

I'm nervous about doing a client that I don't know at all. I've only ever done friends or friends of friends.

I know that with any job your gonna be nervous but you just have to go with it. Throw yourself right in at the deep end and then you'll laugh and think 'why on earth was I even nervous?!' :lol:

I'm nervous about doing a client that I don't know at all. I've only ever done friends or friends of friends.

I know that with any job your gonna be nervous but you just have to go with it. Throw yourself right in at the deep end and then you'll laugh and think 'why on earth was I even nervous?!' :lol:

Yeah I hope this is the case as its really holding me back and anoying! X

I was the same when I first started my home salon, don't worry it does get easier!
I'm still nervous when a new client comes but once they are in and sat down with their consultation form to give me time to take a deep breath and compose myself I'm then absolutely fine and within minutes I'm in my element :)
Don't worry, you will get more confident.
On the flip side, I went to another home salon to get my lashes done and I was so nervous! Is it the right house, will she be nice, did I bring what I needed, does my breath smell?!

So try to remember they are probably just as nervous as you.
Smile, deep breath and enjoy a gossip :) xx

I have the exactly same problem as you I'm coming to the final stages of finishing my home salon I love doing nails and beauty but I am dreading people coming into our house my room is in a spare room I think it's the thought of people coming in and critiquing my house cause people do do it even if they say they don't they do

I'm totally confident in the treatments I think it's purely just the fact of people I don't know coming into my home, and not knowing what to speak about etc. but dealing with clients at college I'm fine. It's starting to get on my nerves because I just want to be fine with it all! :( x

I have been doing Shellac from home for nearly 2 years now and I felt really nervous to start with.

Just chat and get to know them, ask them what they do as a job, have they had this treatment before, if they have plans for the weekend, the conversation will just flow from there, its fine to speak about your plans too then you will just bounce off each other with the conversation, then when they come back to you if gets easier as you get to know them a little better each time.

Yes it may be a nervewracking having new customers come to your home but they probably feel the same, you will get used to this and the feeling will go.
Just be friendly, offer them a drink and take it from there. :)

I felt like that for months, recently I've realized there's nothing to be nervous about my clients obviously like my work as they keep returning and also they are in the comfort of MY home! I love working from home now and always look forward to meeting new people! Don't worry Hun you will get used to it and start loving it soon too :) xxx:D

Thanks so much guys!!! Great to know youv all experienced this and
It will pass xxxx

Why not try and get some salon experience see how it's done ! It's amazing how much you can learn whilst on the job to build your confidence and you would pick up loads of tips ! I understand how people want to make money for themselves rather than their employer but industry experience with a reputable salon is invaluable 😄

Latest posts

Back