Nail Station Rent - Contract re: Holidays

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruby19

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am currently in the process of renting out a nail station to a technician and I am trying to draw up a contract outlining what we can expect of each other so there are no problems down the line.

However, my question is - If the nail technician goes on holiday should I still charge her rent?

I think this is a tricky area as when I go on holiday I still have to pay my rent so why should it be any different for the technician. On the other hand if they are not there then they won't be using any consumables i,e, lighting, telephone, heating etc.

If anyone has any opinions or if there are any nail technicians renting a station who can advise what their situation is it would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

Karen

Last edited:
If its set rent and not a percentage then yes I would charge.

If she pays you upfront by monthly direct debit the question of her going on holiday shouldnt even arise. After all she is renting that table.

If she does raise any issues then perhaps do 2 weeks at 50%.

I personally though wouldnt mention it or even put it in your contract.

Kate x

i paid rent on a beauty room and had 4 weeks rent free a year for hols and illness i thought this was very good i can see wot you say about wen you go away you still have to pay and thats why i rent off someone else and not having my own place.

50% :eek:, my freind pays 40% and i thought that was a lot (she get her products !)

Latest posts

Back