Nail technician qualifications

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carrie Willis

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this page and hoping someone could help me.
I'm looking to do a full nail technician course but a bit confused about the different qualifications.
My local collage offer a nvq in nails but it's 3 days a week for a year and I work full time so unfortunately could not do this.
After looking online I have found other courses but I don't like the idea of only having like 4 days practical then the rest learning from home.

Hope this makes sense!
Thanks in advance x

Hiya, some brands do a longer course. I felt the same about the four days thing. There's no way I could soak it all in over four days lol I'm a bit slower than most. I did the nail harmony 12 week course one evening a week for 2.5 hours which, personally, I found much easier. There really is so much to learn and it's so much harder than it looks.

With some of the four day courses I think the days are spread out over a few weeks and the in between time is for you to practice all you have been taught. I think it really is a personal thing tbh!

I will say that good quality training is really important. It's harder to unlearn bad habits!! Xx

Good luck x

I done all mine with essential nails at home. I done mine 8 years ago. i also done the acrylic one around 3 years ago and found there dvd is very old style and they could do with updating. you get as long as you want to do the courses also you can pay monthly and this helped me alot at the time. good luck and enjoy. I love doing nails i think i have a bad addiction to them now lol

Thanks your your replys. I did the essential nail course in gel nails and really enjoyed it but I think I would have preferred training at a college or something. I found if i got stuck on something it would have been alot easier having the tutor there.
I'm wanting to get back into nails and a career change but confused with all the qualifications. If I was to work in a salon I want to make sure i get the right start x

Latest posts

Back