Nails | Editors Choose CND For Nail & Fashion Expertise

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
If you've read our recap of CND at New York Fashion Week it won't surprise you that CND's work there has caught the eye of many an editor. First up, the September 13th issue of the Daily News featured CND as the leader in Spring 2012 Fashion Week Nails and showcased "gasp worthy" nail styles from Nicole Miller, Joy Cioci and Rodarte. The article also appeared as a longer version on TheDailyNews.com and can be read HERE.

And that's not all. October's issue of Real Simple also sought out CND nail expertise and quotes CND Education Ambassador Kristina Saindon about the best way to maintain an at home mani in its "Best of Fall Make Up Guide".

Yahoo.com also posted an in-depth article about CND Fashion Week nail team's production and the concepts behind their runway nail styles. The article covered designers who worked with CND this season including Norman Ambrose, Nicole Miller, Rodarte and The Blonds from early concept of nail designs to final product. Author of the article, Joanna Douglas, had a stab at painting the 'Blown Glass' manicure featured in the IMITATION show by Tara Subkoff, and admitted it increased her respect for the talent and craft of the CND nail team!

"I've been a nail polish junkie since childhood and been doing backstage beauty coverage at New York Fashion Week for over a decade, but one thing still plagued me: how do all those nail tips get made for fashion shows? Is there a team of elves painting through the night?" she asks. "Well, it turns out there is! The nail team at CND...spends hundreds of hours planning creating and painting thousands of nail designs for models to wear down the runway."

"I spent an afternoon in their hotel 'workshop' to witness the whole process and to try my hand at a design. The verdict: who knew manicures were such hard work!"

All in all, a really successful week for CND at New York Fashion Week...as ever.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• daily news.jpg
    daily news.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 586
  • real simple.jpg
    real simple.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 129
  • yahoo.jpg
    yahoo.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 124