Nails staining when colour is removed.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Faye_T

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me why this is - each time i remove my nail polish (home done) it is staining my nails - currently i have been using Nails inc emerald green colour.

It never happens when i get my nails done professionally so i am wondering if its down to cheap polish, no base coat or perhaps im not using a good quality remover?

I generally use Nails Inc or OPI and i have invested in an OPI base coat which should be here soon. Are these good products for home use or could i be buying better?

Any help appreciated, i cannot always find the time and money to go to a professional but would rather do so if my nails are going to keep staining.

Thanks all :)

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me why this is - each time i remove my nail polish (home done) it is staining my nails - currently i have been using Nails inc emerald green colour.

It never happens when i get my nails done professionally so i am wondering if its down to cheap polish, no base coat or perhaps im not using a good quality remover?

I generally use Nails Inc or OPI and i have invested in an OPI base coat which should be here soon. Are these good products for home use or could i be buying better?

Any help appreciated, i cannot always find the time and money to go to a professional but would rather do so if my nails are going to keep staining.

Thanks all :)

Are your nails staining the colour of the polish or just a general yellowing or another colour altogether?

Generally the culprit will be the nail varnish as either the cheaper pigments or the nitrocellulose permeates into the nail plate. Using a base coat may not help as they job of the base is to stick the colour to nail not to provide a barrier.

Have you tried vinylux? It is non-nitrocellolose based, and contains technology to prevent staining of the nails even though it does not use a base coat.

Are your nails staining the colour of the polish or just a general yellowing or another colour altogether?

Generally the culprit will be the nail varnish as either the cheaper pigments or the nitrocellulose permeates into the nail plate. Using a base coat may not help as they job of the base is to stick the colour to nail not to provide a barrier.

Have you tried vinylux? It is non-nitrocellolose based, and contains technology to prevent staining of the nails even though it does not use a base coat.

Thanks for the reply, they are staining the colour of the polish. Isnt Vinylux a professional product? Or one that needs to be cured?

Thanks for the reply, they are staining the colour of the polish. Isnt Vinylux a professional product? Or one that needs to be cured?

It's definitely the pigments in the polish then, using a higher quality polish (such as when you get your nails in the salon) is the answer.

Vinylux is professional quality but is available for consumers to buy from CND Salons. It is from the makers of Shellac but it does not need a lamp to be cured as instead it has 'prolight' technology so the top coat becomes stronger and more chip resistance with exposure to natural daylight! It dries super fast (around 8.5 mins) without a lamp and as I mentioned it used adhesion technology to bind with the nail plate without staining. It sounds like it would be the perfect solution for you!

You can find a CND salon that stocks Vinylux using the 'lovecnd' locator:

Salon Finder

Latest posts

Back