Nails | The $250,000 Nail Polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Holy overdraft! If you though Rhianna's solid gold manicure was pricey then think again. In comparison to Azature's new offering, it looks reasonable, even thrifty.

Previously, the most expensive nail polish in the world had been developed by Models Own in 2010 after they produced the $130,000 bottle featuring a 24 carat gold diamond encrusted lid. Now the accolade goes to Azature, the self-professed "King of Black Diamonds", for its quarter of a million dollar offering.

The bottle of black nail polish contains no less than 267 carats of black diamonds within the actual polish. Yikes! But, if you're feeling flush, you can't just rush out and buy this from your local beauty store. In fact, they've only created one bottle of the pricey stuff

However, if you fancy getting your diamond mani on, you can pick up their $25 dollar offering (which sounds downright cheap in comparison!) which contains just one black diamond.

Honestly? Just give me the diamond.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• bottle-150x369.jpg
    bottle-150x369.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 1,082
What next? Pretty rediculous really.

haha, this is marketing at its best....

i was a jeweller and diamond tech before i was a beauty therapist. Black diamonds used to be thrown away or used for industrial reasons. They had no use in the Jewellery industry. Even the cognac and champagnes were discarded. Then one day someone decided to put a marketing spin on these previously unusable stones and whalla! Now you can pay even more for a champagne stone then a white one!

Black diamonds are cheap, cheap, cheap. So he ground some up and put it in a nail polish....so what, it is a sparkly black polish , big deal. I am sure there are some OPI or China glaze colours that would look just as good if you put them up side by side.

Its all about being able to sayyou have diamonds on your nails.

Well....my husband is still a jeweller and i have an ulimited supply of gem stones...

How about the diamond pedicure instead of the crystal pedicure!!!!! Reckon any one would pay for that service at around $22 australian dollars per gem? LOL

Latest posts

Back