Natural-looking nails that can stand up to the hair salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marina25

Reaction score
Hi all!

I work as a colourist in a hair salon, and for the past few years I have been getting monthly overlays of CND Brisa Lite. The nail tech would apply a single layer of gel from a pot, and I would go off to four weeks of nails that resisted all the shampooing and coloring I could throw at them.

Now, sadly, I've been informed that the one-layer-wonder has been discontinued, and my nail tech offered me clear CND Shellac as a substitute. While it looked just as natural as the Brisa Lite overlay, it didn't have the strength. The owner of the nail salon where I go recommended I try the regular version of Brisa, and it was as tough as I remember my Brisa Lite nails being, but she applied many more layers of product than were used at each Brisa Lite appointment. I guess I was intimidated by the owner working on me and felt as though I was being a problem client (I know I wouldn't want my boss's boss to have to fix colour I had already redone once!) so I didn't want to say anything, but I feel like the nails I have now are thicker and look more "fake," for lack of a better word, than the Brisa Lite nails I used to get.

Is there any other product that offers the strength and thinness I was able to get from Brisa Lite? Does the regular Brisa need to be applied in multiple layers, or could I ask for the single-layer application that worked well on my nails before? Am I being a diva of a client? Any suggestions or recommendations would be welcome!

Latest posts

Back