Awful hair extensions, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauren20

Reaction score
Hello,
I’ve recently had some hair extensions fitted by a salon. Extensions have always been something that I wanted to try and I’ve been following this salon on Instagram for ages and their work always looked lovely, so I decided to go with them.
When I went for the skin test & colour match, I was told that I would need to pay £100 for extra hair, unless I wanted my natural hair to be thinned out a lot.
I went & had the extensions fitted, wasn’t shown the back when they finished. So I only briefly saw what they looked like. The salon owner allowed me to walk out with a very visible line between my natural hair & the extensions. Which is worrying because the girl who fitted them thinned my hair out so much, repeatedly going over the top layer of my hair🥲
I messaged her the next day regarding this & she said that I needed more hair or even more thinning out. She offered for me to go back for her to thin it out and add a little bit more hair, but I would have to take annual leave for this and she couldn’t accomodate Me on my days off. I also really didn’t want any of them touching my hair again.
So the owner offered to send me 2 packs of hair so someone else could fit them. She said this would take about a week. A week came & I messaged her asking when they would come because someone was due to fit them in a few days time & I didn’t want to let them down last minute… turns out she hadn’t even ordered the hair yet but said if it was easier she would transfer the money. Sent over my bank details and already prompted her once, 4 days later and still no money.
my hair has been in this state for two weeks & working in a salon this really isn’t ideal! Plus the hair extensions are already slipping. I’m going to take them out but I’m just fustrated with the way I’ve been treated. I know she won’t give me any money back, as I’ve battled trying to get something Back for over two weeks.
Any suggestions on what to do? I’m not one for posting on social media, but do I post something on there or just take the hit and learn from my mistakes?
Any advice would be great!

ACC003DE-9328-41AD-9200-B6CF885947DB.jpegC69521B5-F74C-4DDE-A46D-86A108AC661B.jpeg

They shouldn't have fitted such little hair!
They should have based your quote n the amount of hair you needed and then fit it, not giving you the option of paying an extra £100 for the r more hair....
That makes no sense to me.
Obviously you can see you needed more hair in it and thinning our the tip sections isn't going to get rid of the line you have underneath the extensions..... This is a poor job.
I'd definitely go to somone else if want them fixed.

These have been fitted terribly, did you have a face to face consultation before you had them fitted? Looks to me like they haven’t ordered enough hair for your fitting, which method have they used to fit this? If that was me I wouldn’t have fitted any hair if I didn’t have enough to do the job properly…. No amount of thinning is going to get rid of that line as there isn’t enough hair applied to blend it correctly… I would be asking for a refund for the fitting.. where abouts are you?

They shouldn't have fitted such little hair!
They should have based your quote n the amount of hair you needed and then fit it, not giving you the option of paying an extra £100 for the r more hair....
That makes no sense to me.
Obviously you can see you needed more hair in it and thinning our the tip sections isn't going to get rid of the line you have underneath the extensions..... This is a poor job.
I'd definitely go to somone else if want them fixed.
I know! I’m so surprised that they fitted hardly any hair. I paid a price up front and when I went in for my skin test & colour match they said I would need extra hair which is an extra cost. Even if it had of been more, I would of paid for it as I defiantly wanted to see no difference between my natural and the extensions.

These have been fitted terribly, did you have a face to face consultation before you had them fitted? Looks to me like they haven’t ordered enough hair for your fitting, which method have they used to fit this? If that was me I wouldn’t have fitted any hair if I didn’t have enough to do the job properly…. No amount of thinning is going to get rid of that line as there isn’t enough hair applied to blend it correctly… I would be asking for a refund for the fitting.. where abouts are you?
she saw my hair when I went in for the skin test & colour match. I wore it down and straight so she could see probably what my hair was like. So she knew full well I would need extra hair.
they were tapes! I know, I’m just so frustrated because my natural hair has been thinned so much😂
She was meant to send me money for some more packs of hair but still haven’t received anything so highly doubt she will give me any type of refund. I’m in Kent!

I know! I’m so surprised that they fitted hardly any hair. I paid a price up front and when I went in for my skin test & colour match they said I would need extra hair which is an extra cost. Even if it had of been more, I would of paid for it as I defiantly wanted to see no difference between my natural and the extensions.
So they didn't prompt you to pay the extra £100 after seeing your hair on the day? That's mad 🤯 such a shame.

So they didn't prompt you to pay the extra £100 after seeing your hair on the day? That's mad 🤯 such a shame.
Oh they did, which I paid! That’s why I’m even more shocked because I paid the extra £100 and it still looks this bad!

Woah, that’s shocking! I can’t believe that they let you leave the salon with them looking like that.

Write to them requesting a full refund because they are in breach of contract for not supplying the service they had agreed to.

Give them 7 days in which to refund you and advise that you will be going down the small claims court route if they do not refund you in full.

Woah, that’s shocking! I can’t believe that they let you leave the salon with them looking like that.

Write to them requesting a full refund because they are in breach of contract for not supplying the service they had agreed to.

Give them 7 days in which to refund you and advise that you will be going down the small claims court route if they do not refund you in full.
Thank you for your advice!
Think I’m going to have to do this. I’ve tried talking to her over the past 2 and a half weeks to resolve the situation but she keeps fobbing me off; promising she’s going to refund me or send me extra hair and then ‘forgetting’

Get in touch with the citizens advice I have had an issue with someone fitting hair to me (before I was qualified) and they fitted the hair incorrectly (tiny tips used as bonds) i had to take them through small claims it was £30 at the time and wasn’t hard
To do as it’s all
Online but the cab helped me loads

Oh they did, which I paid! That’s why I’m even more shocked because I paid the extra £100 and it still looks this bad!
Wow!! Sorry with how little hair was fitted I obviously assumed they hadn't fitted extra hair! 😂 😂

Wow!! Sorry with how little hair was fitted I obviously assumed they hadn't fitted extra hair! 😂 😂
I know, it’s a joke isn’t it😂😂

Get in touch with the citizens advice I have had an issue with someone fitting hair to me (before I was qualified) and they fitted the hair incorrectly (tiny tips used as bonds) i had to take them through small claims it was £30 at the time and wasn’t hard
To do as it’s all
Online but the cab helped me loads
I contacted them & I need to send her a letter first and if she doesn’t respond I guess we will have to take it further!
thank you x

Think that’s what I’m going to have to do! Thank you!

I contacted them & I need to send her a letter first and if she doesn’t respond I guess we will have to take it further!
thank you x
Yes they will help you with templates and wording etc of the letters etc, make sure you send recorded post so you have proof as you will need to send this in of you get to small claims x

Latest posts

Back