Need help with renting a chair or space

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyByShan

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just wondering if you could help me I do brows freelance at the moment mostly from home with a busy but growing client base and need somewhere to do it full time!

I've never rented a chair before so i don't know what's good and what's not..
But I went to meet with a woman a few times and we spoke prices yesterday
I can bring my own brow chair and my own trolley and do them in a small space by the window

When it came to payments and everything she wanted everything processing on her till, my friends that are self employed have their own cash box and PayPal card readers then either pay the owner a cut or rent..but she wanted everything on her till then for her to give me a cut? Is this normal?

Anyway we spoke prices and she wanted 40/60 (in her favour) when I'm supplying my OWN products
Because I refused to do it like that in the first place she said I can still pay rent instead but at £50 a day and still using her till systems and still supplying my own products and supplies..

I'm confused and wasn't sure about this as a busy shop a couple doors down was advertising renting a room for £590 a month, and that's for a room, not a small space!
Can anyone give me any advice on this? I live in Manchester city centre and that's the location I'm looking at

Thanks!!

Hi,
Would you travel to stockport? I have a chair to rent in my salon

Hey everyone! Just wondering if you could help me I do brows freelance at the moment mostly from home with a busy but growing client base and need somewhere to do it full time!

I've never rented a chair before so i don't know what's good and what's not..
But I went to meet with a woman a few times and we spoke prices yesterday
I can bring my own brow chair and my own trolley and do them in a small space by the window

When it came to payments and everything she wanted everything processing on her till, my friends that are self employed have their own cash box and PayPal card readers then either pay the owner a cut or rent..but she wanted everything on her till then for her to give me a cut? Is this normal?

Anyway we spoke prices and she wanted 40/60 (in her favour) when I'm supplying my OWN products
Because I refused to do it like that in the first place she said I can still pay rent instead but at £50 a day and still using her till systems and still supplying my own products and supplies..

I'm confused and wasn't sure about this as a busy shop a couple doors down was advertising renting a room for £590 a month, and that's for a room, not a small space!
Can anyone give me any advice on this? I live in Manchester city centre and that's the location I'm looking at

Thanks!!
Sounds a rip off to me but what do I know lol. The 60% should be in your favour as far as I'm aware and you should take your own money. It's not just not normal for her to take money through her till but would lead to complications from HRMC as they would view you as an employee and not self employed so they would all get in trouble I believe as the income would be declared by the salon.

Hi,
Would you travel to stockport? I have a chair to rent in my salon
Ah I know Stockport well but need to stay in the city centre! Thanks though !

Sounds a rip off to me but what do I know lol. The 60% should be in your favour as far as I'm aware and you should take your own money. It's not just not normal for her to take money through her till but would lead to complications from HRMC as they would view you as an employee and not self employed so they would all get in trouble I believe as the income would be declared by the salon.
Thanks for your reply!! I did think she was trying to rip me off. Would you say the £50 a day is a rip off too? To rent a tiny space supplying my own products and stuff?

Does anyone know the going rate to rent a chair just for doing brows?

Does anyone know the going rate to rent a chair just for doing brows?
Hi. There are so many variables that goes into determing the rent. I've seen chairs for hair, going from £50 pw to £190 pw (in my area of stoke on Trent)

Nails/beauty seem to get a reduced rate over hair!

Sorry can't give you a proper answer, personally £50 per day seems high
X

Hi. There are so many variables that goes into determing the rent. I've seen chairs for hair, going from £50 pw to £190 pw (in my area of stoke on Trent)

Nails/beauty seem to get a reduced rate over hair!

Sorry can't give you a proper answer, personally £50 per day seems high
X
Thanks for your reply! I feel I have a better understanding now fingers crossed I find somewhere!

Latest posts

Back