Need help with Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gc11530

Reaction score
Hi guys, hope you can help a newbie. Client is base 5, about 40% gray. I used Wella Perfect 6/0 (my mistake, thought she's more of a 6 but she's really a 5) & 7/1 at 50/50. Problem is color came out muddy and now is seriously brassy orange. I'm looking to get an ash brown, so I'm going to use 5/0 + another shade to correct the brassiness.. any idea? I'm guessing I need something blue based but looking at the Wella chart I don't see any 6 level blue based shade. Any help would be tremendously appreciated. :)

What about /81 mixtone? 5/0 and mixtone?

What about /81 mixtone? 5/0 and mixtone?
Thank you! I can use either 7/81 or 5/81. I know Wella runs dark so I'd prefer 7 but using a 20 vol developer that would be 2 levels.

Hi guys, hope you can help a newbie. Client is base 5, about 40% gray. I used Wella Perfect 6/0 (my mistake, thought she's more of a 6 but she's really a 5) & 7/1 at 50/50. Problem is color came out muddy and now is seriously brassy orange. I'm looking to get an ash brown, so I'm going to use 5/0 + another shade to correct the brassiness.. any idea? I'm guessing I need something blue based but looking at the Wella chart I don't see any 6 level blue based shade. Any help would be tremendously appreciated. :)
You could use illumina? You have an option of 6/, 5/, with 5/81, 7/81, 6/16

Illumina 5/81 and 6/16 2 parts 5 to 1 part 6 :) with 6%

If she is more then 20% grey, you should use 66/0 plus a ribbon inch of special mix /11 20 vol

Anything over 50% you can use double base don’t jump straight to double base depending on how resistant the hair is. Just apply your usual colour or chosen colour but apply it with a spatchula so it goes on thick instead of a brush double base is very dense and can sometimes look khaki that should be the last resort

Latest posts

Back