Need some advice for my poor hair :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsnails

Reaction score
Hiya Everyone,

Im a Nail Geek but was hoping you would be able to help me.

Ok so here goes . . .

When I was 18 I started to get a few grey hairs around my crown, I used to pull them out or just put a home dye on it. Now Im 23 and Im completly riddle with grey, thankfully it is only underneath my hair, not on the top or on parting or anything, so if I wear my hair in a pony at the nape of my neck you cant see it, but for the last 4 years having a ponytail everyday is depressing me.

Fom the age on 14-19 I used to dye my hair, but just after I turned 19 I had a major panic & anxiety attacks and was hospitalised because of it, I've never been able to dye my hair since because Im scared something is going to go wrong and i'll have a reaction to the dye.

But now I am so depressed by my sorry state of hair and that I spend ages everyday plucking greys out, that I know I need to do something about it.

SO, I was hoping that you guys could give me some advice please, How should I dye it? What colour should I have it? Is there anyway of controlling the greys or atleast hiding it? What are the chances of me having a reaction when I've never had one before? If I go into a salon will they find it hilarious that I have the hair of an old woman?!

Im really nervous and incredibly ebarrased about my situation, no-one knows about my hair, not even my husband knows, so please be gentle with me:biggrin:

MrsN x

No, a good stylist will not make you feel uncomfortable. People get grey hair, hairdressers exist to sort them out.
Try a few salons for consultations until you feel happy. The stylist will skin test you with the colour you have chosen. If you are allergic, you will feel itching/ burning, and be left with a red patch. Clients have told me that the new inoa colours are more comfortable, so may be worth looking for a salon that uses it.

Thank you.

What colour is best to go for?

Im naturally dark brown, the last hairdresser I saw, which was on my wedding day last May, said I have a very flat boring natural colour, not quite sure what that means.

Should I stay dark, or is it better to go lighter?

A good colourist will advise you on that as it depends on your total look. There are no hard and fast rules.
It is worth asking people who's hair you admire, where they go.

Ah ok , thanks.

Bit nervous, but will try and get to a salon.

Thanks again

A good salon should make it a nice experience for you. It really is worth paying the money for an experienced hairdresser.

Latest posts

Back