Need to buy a full new Kit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rees

Reaction score
Hello

Last week i had started my Hairdressing course for Beginners and my teacher as given us only another week to order the ( Level 1 full Kit at a cost of £170 :eek:

Most of the other students in my class are considering finding cheaper alternatives, but don't know where else to find a full Kit at a more cheaper cost.

Can anyone help me, pleeeez

Last edited:
hiya, have you looked into any fundin u may be able to get for ur kit? Im on a l3 course at the moment and alot of people in my class get funding for their kits through out their levels. Hth xx

hiya, have you looked into any fundin u may be able to get for ur kit? Im on a l3 course at the moment and alot of people in my class get funding for their kits through out their levels. Hth xx

Hi Lauren

I had managed to find funding from my local government which covered the full cost of the course and college registration, my course is for a full year.

I will see if they can offer me any more assistance, but i'm pretty sure they will say that was all i was able to get from them.

I might be able to get some help from my parents, and use some of my savings.

Is it possible to find cheaper kits anywhere?

Im not sure but usually the kits the college get you to buy are the cheapest as they get good deals for bringin the company buisness. And i don't know what the case is with ur college but we can only buy and use the kits and uniform from were they tell us to, due to the deal they get wit the company. Hope that makes sense lol. But if i was you id see if you were entitled to more funding, theres no harm in askin. Hth xx

Last edited:
you could ask whats in the kit, and then buy the items individually which would normally be cheaper?? you can buy good brushes and combs from sallys and capital for just starting out, and you can apply for student trade cards from both so you'll get them cheaper again, and items like spray bottles and sectioning clips you can buy in supermarkets/poundland etc!

id check with your tutor that your ok to do that, i know all colleges are different, but at mine your only allowed to buy your college kit through them. xx

you could ask whats in the kit, and then buy the items individually which would normally be cheaper?? you can buy good brushes and combs from sallys and capital for just starting out, and you can apply for student trade cards from both so you'll get them cheaper again, and items like spray bottles and sectioning clips you can buy in supermarkets/poundland etc!

Hi there

Yes i think my Teacher had mentioned something about buying some of the kit items from other salons, so i think my college is okay with me doing that.

I've just looked on ebay for some starter kits some are pre-used and abit cheaper, but i would prefer a brand new one.

have you thought about buying everything serperatly.. thats what i did and youl find it could work out cheaper, get a list of everything you need for your kit and google salon equipment and look around websites , sallys, Dennis williams , chris and sons are good ones .. even ebay..
:green:

Latest posts

Back