New Business - Ideas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trudy35

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I wonder if any one can help with some marketing ideas for my new business.

So far I have done a price list drop locally for which I have one client book in a few weeks :). I've also put some in local cafes and I'm now thinking about putting some in a local wedding shop and some in the local hairdressers. However were I live there are about 13 salons in a radius of 2 miles, but as far as I can make out their all doing okay.

However its worrying times as I'm not sure that Ive started my business at the right time. What with all the local salons established already and the economy doom are people just not spending their hard earned cash on luxury items such as beauty?

I'm was also wondering if my prices are too high for mobile. Here are some of my prices are they too high?

£20.00 - Luxury Manicure
£25.00 - Luxury Pedicure
£18.00 - Full Leg Wax and £22.00 - Full Leg & Bikini
£5.00 - Chin or Upper Lip
£6.00 - Eyebrow shape
£6.00 - Eyelash Tint or Eyebrow Tint £8.50
£27.00 - Fake Bake Tan (includes tan and exfoliate)

I just don't know want else to do to drum up business:confused:. I've look at some of the threads on here for ideas, but most of them I've already done. Any other ideas? :idea: Any would be great!

Thanks

prices look fine to me.

You dont want to cheapen yourself as your offering the same level of service a client will get in a salon, but with the convienience of you going to them.

Do you do a minimum call out charge though? Theres no point doing mobile if you have 8 eyebrow waxes in a day at different places.

Try contacting your local ann summers/virgin vie reps and slimming clubs and offer a free treatment to the slimmer of the week etc or the ann summers party host. This gives the girls an incentive to get parties, help slimmers etc and it promotes you too. Give them lots of intro discount vouchers for the slimmers/party goers etc as this can also drum up business for you.

Hope this helps

Good Luck

Kate

Latest posts

Back