New Clients for Mobile - Safety?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuskyStar

Reaction score
As a mobile therapist for the last 2 years I wonder what safety precautions you guys take when going to a new clients house for the first time.

I would love to advertise and get more work but this is a concern for me.

I have noticed some therapists require the client to go to them for the 1st session - is this reasonable?

I just wondered what others thought?

xx:lol:

Hi duskystar, im glad you are thinking about this safety issue, i have been doing mobile for a 4 or 5 years now and for the last 2 or 3 years i have not done any male clients, this is due to a "incident" i had when i was quite new to the job,, any way i had to speak to the local police a few months ago about another incident and i was explaining about how i dont do male clients anymore and it was them that reminded me we should be very cautious going to any new or unknown address, they gave me lots of things to think about,, all pretty obvious really but thats the things we forget or dont do. Here is some suggestions, a second diary with appointment times and address`s left at home or with someone so somebody allways knows where you are, personal alarm to carry, telephone a person ( friend or relative) before entering and tell them how long you will be in there and that you will ring when you leave.. its very sad that all these things have to be thought of but unfortunately this is how it is these days.
I am not trying to put anybody off doing mobile but am just trying to remind all about the importance of this safety issue.

Hi Sash,

I am so sorry you had an unfortunate incident with a male client. When I worked in a salon my room was way down a corridor well away from the reception and I asked at every meeting about having a panic button but nothing was ever done. They considered a mobile one but again - nothing came of it. I had one time where nothing actually happened but I had to cut the treatment short as I was doing a 2 hour facial/massage and the client was looking up at me the entire time and together with a few other things I felt so uncomfortable.

AS mobile I am really wary of just anyone ringing me up and then turning up at an unknown address. Think of estate agents...its the same.

I recently had a new client that I did do but my brother in law helped me to the door with equipment and therefore made me feel safer.

As a mum I guess you become slightly more neurotic than say when I was younger but I think your experience highlights the point and you have given out valuable advice! Definitely let someone know where your going - Its just about being sensible - thanks for your reply! xx

Latest posts

Back