New Hema free gel polish in Australia

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bel's Gels

Qualified Nail Technician
Reaction score
I just had to share this wonderful new Gel Polish that has just launched in Australia.
It's HEMA free and so lush and beautiful to apply. Lovely creamy and well pigmented formula.
It's been trialled and tested by 2 nail techs for the past 8 months and they now are selling it to professional qualified nail techs in Australia.
They have an opening special price until 14th July and it's priced really well.
If you would like more details please feel free to private message me on here or my Facebook page Bel's Gels.

It's not me selling the Polish, I just wanted to share the love

I just had to share this wonderful new Gel Polish that has just launched in Australia.
It's HEMA free and so lush and beautiful to apply. Lovely creamy and well pigmented formula.
It's been trialled and tested by 2 nail techs for the past 8 months and they now are selling it to professional qualified nail techs in Australia.
They have an opening special price until 14th July and it's priced really well.
If you would like more details please feel free to private message me on here or my Facebook page Bel's Gels.

It's not me selling the Polish, I just wanted to share the love

Hi Bel's Gels,
Just wondering what the brand of this gel polish is? I have had a severe allergy to HEMA for 2 years and it's always nice having more options than just Shellac! Xx

Hi Bel's Gels,
Just wondering what the brand of this gel polish is? I have had a severe allergy to HEMA for 2 years and it's always nice having more options than just Shellac! Xx

Hi there,
It's called KV Luminous.
Go to the facebook page and PM them a copy of your certificate or if you are a student your enrollment paperwork and they will approve you to join the group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1500339259983498/

It is so lovely to apply and so many who have bought it are really happy with the product. They have a great selection of colours too and are always adding new ones.

Hi there,
It's called KV Luminous.
Go to the facebook page and PM them a copy of your certificate or if you are a student your enrollment paperwork and they will approve you to join the group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1500339259983498/

It is so lovely to apply and so many who have bought it are really happy with the product. They have a great selection of colours too and are always adding new ones.

Thanks so so much for getting back to me! I really appreciate it :)

Do they have a website I can contact them through as I am not on Facebook. I saw your video on YouTube demonstrating the application of the polish and loved it! You do beautiful nails hun. Xx

Thanks so so much for getting back to me! I really appreciate it :)

Do they have a website I can contact them through as I am not on Facebook. I saw your video on YouTube demonstrating the application of the polish and loved it! You do beautiful nails hun. Xx

Thank you for your lovely comment hun, that is a lovely thing to say.

At present they do not have a website, however it is very close to being up and running.

I can let you know once it is if you want. I also believe they are going to have ZipPay and AfterPay once the website is up.

Thank you for your lovely comment hun, that is a lovely thing to say.

At present they do not have a website, however it is very close to being up and running.

I can let you know once it is if you want. I also believe they are going to have ZipPay and AfterPay once the website is up.

That would be amazing hun! I read on another thread that you have found ibd just gel polish to be ok & HEMA free. Have you found all of the colours to be ok for you? I did read that the base & top have HEMA in them. It's such a relief having other people to chat with that suffer the same allergy! Xx

That would be amazing hun! I read on another thread that you have found ibd just gel polish to be ok & HEMA free. Have you found all of the colours to be ok for you? I did read that the base & top have HEMA in them. It's such a relief having other people to chat with that suffer the same allergy! Xx

I know exactly what you mean. When I first started out doing nails it was because of my allergic reactions. I found it so hard to get information. Luckily I was able to tap into some great techs here in Aust who could advise me.
But a lot of it was my own research, trial and error. I studied MSDS like you would not believe.

ibd was a great starting point however as time has gone on I became a bit disappointed in the quality. I have used other polishes and to be honest in comparison ibd is a different formula and can sometimes apply too thin. Dont get me wrong I still like it and use it but there are others out there that are better.

The KV lumnious is a fantastic polish but it has another ingredient I reacted to so I cant use it on myself.

Now I tend to mainly use Speed Polish by Perfect Nails (Beautyworld) and I have recently started using Light Elegance P+.

Bel x

I know exactly what you mean. When I first started out doing nails it was because of my allergic reactions. I found it so hard to get information. Luckily I was able to tap into some great techs here in Aust who could advise me.
But a lot of it was my own research, trial and error. I studied MSDS like you would not believe.

ibd was a great starting point however as time has gone on I became a bit disappointed in the quality. I have used other polishes and to be honest in comparison ibd is a different formula and can sometimes apply too thin. Dont get me wrong I still like it and use it but there are others out there that are better.

The KV lumnious is a fantastic polish but it has another ingredient I reacted to so I cant use it on myself.

Now I tend to mainly use Speed Polish by Perfect Nails (Beautyworld) and I have recently started using Light Elegance P+.

Bel x

I know what you mean! I have been studying up on every gel polish brands msds too! It's so time consuming Hey!! My allergy came about from using Gelish on clients and myself for years (I'm a beauty therapist not a nail tech but have a huge passion for Nails!!). I was devastated!! I sold my day spa after having my 1st baby and gave my nails a break for a year then invested in Shellac. I was over the moon to be able to have my nails done again!! I love the brand/quality but find the colours are a bit muted for my liking...hence being interested in ibd!

I have recently purchased a few ibd colours and use them with shellac top & base which works great...i did find I needed to do about 5 coats though!! (Colour is Gala-vant).

Have you tried Bio Seaweed Gel Polish? It's from Canada, a company in Perth distributes it here in Aus. I'm currently waiting for a colour to arrive to see if it doesn't react to me....fingers crossed!!

I have heard good things about Speed polish too, do you still use their top & base though for better wear???

Once again it's so nice chatting to someone who has the same allergy and "gets me". Thank you so so much xXxX

I know what you mean! I have been studying up on every gel polish brands msds too! It's so time consuming Hey!! My allergy came about from using Gelish on clients and myself for years (I'm a beauty therapist not a nail tech but have a huge passion for Nails!!). I was devastated!! I sold my day spa after having my 1st baby and gave my nails a break for a year then invested in Shellac. I was over the moon to be able to have my nails done again!! I love the brand/quality but find the colours are a bit muted for my liking...hence being interested in ibd!

I have recently purchased a few ibd colours and use them with shellac top & base which works great...i did find I needed to do about 5 coats though!! (Colour is Gala-vant).

Have you tried Bio Seaweed Gel Polish? It's from Canada, a company in Perth distributes it here in Aus. I'm currently waiting for a colour to arrive to see if it doesn't react to me....fingers crossed!!

I have heard good things about Speed polish too, do you still use their top & base though for better wear???

Once again it's so nice chatting to someone who has the same allergy and "gets me". Thank you so so much xXxX

Yes it is so time consuming and can be costly as well. Gelish caused one of the worse reactions with me.
I have found some gels have a higher percentage of HEMA than others and yes, the higher the % the worse the reaction with me.

I used to use ibd with Shellac base and top and it was fine. There will be techs who jump all over this about mixing brands etc but when you have an allergy you try anything.

Galavant is a gorgeous colour but needs a lot of coats. I have heard that ibd have improved their formula and its now much better but I have not used any of the newer colours personally.

I have not tried Bio Seaweed.

The Speed Polish is nice but I absolutely HATE the brushes. They are long and thin and I just dont like then at all. I now use the LE Gel Polish brush to apply these.

I have enhancements and use all my gel polish over them. So I dont need to use a base coat.
I tend to use the LE Super Shiny or KV Luminous top coat. Both work well for me.

I think you would really like the KV Luminous. It is 100 times better coverage than ibd and so smooth an creamy. They are brilliant to deal with and have the most exceptional customer service. I have a video on my YouTube channel showing the application of the gel if you want to check it out,

I have certain factors I take into consideration when using a polish. I like a polish that has good coverage and is well pigmented. The brush has to be of good quality, not thin and long rather shorter and wide to make application easier. Obviously the polish has to last well on nails. LED cure is preferable and of course HEMA free. I have found KV is head and shoulders above other brands I have tried.
It might seem I am pushing it hard and I suppose I am because it really is a top quality gel in my opinion. A few of my friends have tried it and love it and have added more and more to their collection.
My natural nail clients gravitate to the KV as they have found it lasts much better on their nails than other brands we have used.
I have been trying to think of a way I can send you a sample of the KV. Unfortunately to buy just one bottle would be so costly for postage. If you can think of a way I could post you some out of one of my bottles let me know as I would be happy to pop it in an envelope for you. I know how frustrating it is spending money on polish only to find you react to it and therefore cant use it and have wasted your money.

I just found out the website is up and running http://www.kvluminous.com.au/
They are still sorting out ZipPay and AfterPay.

I am always happy to chat with other allergy sufferers and share our experiences. Unless you have experienced it personally I dont think people understand the struggle.... and pain... and sheer annoyance!

Please contact me anytime and feel free to inbox me here if you want.

Yes it is so time consuming and can be costly as well. Gelish caused one of the worse reactions with me.
I have found some gels have a higher percentage of HEMA than others and yes, the higher the % the worse the reaction with me.

I used to use ibd with Shellac base and top and it was fine. There will be techs who jump all over this about mixing brands etc but when you have an allergy you try anything.

Galavant is a gorgeous colour but needs a lot of coats. I have heard that ibd have improved their formula and its now much better but I have not used any of the newer colours personally.

I have not tried Bio Seaweed.

The Speed Polish is nice but I absolutely HATE the brushes. They are long and thin and I just dont like then at all. I now use the LE Gel Polish brush to apply these.

I have enhancements and use all my gel polish over them. So I dont need to use a base coat.
I tend to use the LE Super Shiny or KV Luminous top coat. Both work well for me.

I think you would really like the KV Luminous. It is 100 times better coverage than ibd and so smooth an creamy. They are brilliant to deal with and have the most exceptional customer service. I have a video on my YouTube channel showing the application of the gel if you want to check it out,

I have certain factors I take into consideration when using a polish. I like a polish that has good coverage and is well pigmented. The brush has to be of good quality, not thin and long rather shorter and wide to make application easier. Obviously the polish has to last well on nails. LED cure is preferable and of course HEMA free. I have found KV is head and shoulders above other brands I have tried.
It might seem I am pushing it hard and I suppose I am because it really is a top quality gel in my opinion. A few of my friends have tried it and love it and have added more and more to their collection.
My natural nail clients gravitate to the KV as they have found it lasts much better on their nails than other brands we have used.
I have been trying to think of a way I can send you a sample of the KV. Unfortunately to buy just one bottle would be so costly for postage. If you can think of a way I could post you some out of one of my bottles let me know as I would be happy to pop it in an envelope for you. I know how frustrating it is spending money on polish only to find you react to it and therefore cant use it and have wasted your money.

I just found out the website is up and running http://www.kvluminous.com.au/
They are still sorting out ZipPay and AfterPay.

I am always happy to chat with other allergy sufferers and share our experiences. Unless you have experienced it personally I dont think people understand the struggle.... and pain... and sheer annoyance!

Please contact me anytime and feel free to inbox me here if you want.

Hey lovely!

Thanks so much for your advice, input & support....words can't describe how much I appreciate it!

So I have just emailed kv luminous with proof of qualifications etc as I am going to "bite the bullet" and order a base, colour & top coat to try them out. I love the fact that their bottles are 15ml and from what I have seen their prices look really affordable too! I will keep you updated! Thanks so much for recommending them!

Your preferences for polishes are the same as mine, LED/highly pigmented/brush ...these factors make for a stunning mani each time huh!!

On another note, have you found an awesome chrome powder?? I have tried so many & haven't had much luck :(

I hope you're having a fab week xxx

Hey lovely!

Thanks so much for your advice, input & support....words can't describe how much I appreciate it!

So I have just emailed kv luminous with proof of qualifications etc as I am going to "bite the bullet" and order a base, colour & top coat to try them out. I love the fact that their bottles are 15ml and from what I have seen their prices look really affordable too! I will keep you updated! Thanks so much for recommending them!

Your preferences for polishes are the same as mine, LED/highly pigmented/brush ...these factors make for a stunning mani each time huh!!

On another note, have you found an awesome chrome powder?? I have tried so many & haven't had much luck :(

I hope you're having a fab week xxx

You are so welcome. I am glad I can be of help to you.

Yes the KV bottles are 15ml and let me tell you, all those things I look for in a gel polish - KV have. Their brush is beautiful and makes it so easy to apply, the gel itself is just so creamy and lovely and also highly pigmented. They are priced really well too which is also a bonus.
Oh and the bottle are so lovely, very stylish.
I am sure you will love them and wont be disappointed. Let me know what you think.

I do have an awesome silver chrome. I bought mine from Olga on Facebook - here is a direct link to her chrome: https://www.facebook.com/olga.andM/...6857673415634/975988785835849/?type=3&theater
She only sells on her FB page as far as I know. Just send a private message to the page with a link to what you want. She accepts PayPal. I usually send her a list of what I want, relevant links and my paypal email address and ask her to send me an invoice.
I have found all of Olgas chromes to be of fantastic quality, no issues and they are also quite reasonably priced. I have also bought glass crystals from her and they are good quality as well.

As far as Holo chrome goes, I use the Beatyworld one: http://www.beautyworld.com.au/product/joss-rainbow-chrome/
Its quite expensive but works really well and you get A LOT in the pot.

For the Aurora/Opal Chrome I bought the one from Foil-licious and its extremely good quality: http://foil-licious.com.au/online-s...Powder-3g-Aurora/p/87656205/category=20780247
however it is quite expensive once you add in the postage. I went halves with a friend so although I got less product there is still quite a bit and it made it much more affordable for me.

Other Aussie suppliers I love are Glitter Heaven, Bonnies customer service is fantastic. I also buy a lot of glitters from Glitter Haven and Glitter Blendz and have found their customer service to be great as well.

All my acrylic supplies I get from Beautyworld along with their Speed Polishes. I have recently bought some LE P+ polishes from them as well but they can be troublesome. I dont think I would use them on natural nails.

I hope I have not baffled you too much with info. I have tried other pigments but the ones I listed above I have found the best. I dont want to be stuffing around with a product that doesn't perform while my clients are sitting in the chair.

My week has been hectic as I work in an office as my day job..... just the norm really, lol. but I love it!

I hope you are well and that your week is going nicely x

Latest posts

Back