new here.... looking for advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cj's

Reaction score
hi! I am carrie. I live in Finland. Well American by birth, but live here with my family. Anyway... things here are done a little different with nail techs where the "school" is 1 day to 20 days average being 2 days and then you continue over the years learning art ect. And some don't even get certified. I managed to go to a school that lasted 5 days. There they taught me the health of the nail and to do gel nails as well as classic manicures and pedicures.

I am now practicing on friends (very nice ones willing to walk around with sketchy nails for 3 weeks) until I go back to get my diploma. I have to exam for it. I think I am making good progress. I have done 8 so far and went to the first one I did for her refrill and ONLY ONE nail had a VERY TINY bit of lift in one corner. All the rest were totally normal like I had just done them, but were grown out. My design work though :irked: french manicures....:cry:

When I get my diploma I will get a code that will give me a chance to look wider into products. A lot of my clients are really interested in the soak off systems. I now use Gelaquer from Christrio but I find it doesnt soak off even though it should. I was thinking Shellac or gelac? It is not here in Finland at least in my city so I have no experience with it. What do others think? Is it worth importing? I am also looking for a brand for gel nails that doesnt nec. need to be soak off. I would prefer self leveling as that is what I have been trained on. At this point I am looking for a brand that has a good color range. Its important to me. Does anyone have any recommendations?

thanks everyone. I am sure I will be here a lot. :D

Hand & Nail Harmony has a very extensive and colorful line of very good quality SOG polish, traditional gel and liquid/powder systems. I love their forms and their brushes as well. If you are on FB or even here on this site, Georgie and Jason Smedley would be the people I would talke to about getting it where you are. On FB look for NailHarmonyUK.

Thanks! I will do that! :D

LCN has a really great selection of colors and their education/support is great (at least here in the US). About Shellac... I love it! I haven't tried any other similar product though. So I have nothing to compare with but Shellac works wonderfully for me. Linda

Latest posts

Back