New Mobile beauty therapist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milliecat

Reaction score
I have just set up as a mobile beauty therapist, however, I seem to get conflicting stories on whether I need to be registered with the local council? I offer manicure, pedicure, acrylics, waxing, facials, fake tan and make-up. Can anyone advise? Many thanks.

Hi, I am a mobile nail tech, as far as I am aware if you are mobile then no you do not need to register with the local councils, just the tax man and your car insurance and your liability insurance. If you are working from home then you do need to contact your local council and they may request you to have planning permission for the area you are going to be using and also you would be liable for a business tax of some description, though you may be entitles to a deduction for small earnings. Well this is how it is where I live so I assume it would be similar where you are, you could always ring the council and just enquire just so you don't get any surprises..... I hope this helps, Claire x

Latest posts

Back