New mobile nail tech, struggling!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsBB2013

Reaction score
Hey everyone I qualified as a therapist 8 years ago and got some experience then ended up working in a office I'm wanting to be a nail tech problem is when I qualified I focused on holistics and basic beauty. Didn't do any extensions so I need to get an nvq over the next year. This isnt a problem. But I am qualified in gel polish and wanted to get going with this. The problem is I am having a chicken and egg situation, I don't want to advertise with putting cards through people's doors and such until I have about 5/6 sets to show on my Facebook. I have tried to rope friends and family in to build up my portfolio and even offered to do it for free just for the pics, but no one is into it! Feeling a bit disheartened that if I cant even give it away to my mates is gel polish worth doing on its own!! Thoughts please!!

I don't think you necessarily need to do an enhancement course. Perhaps just start off with gel polish and see how well that goes. Keep your start-up costs to a minimum. And if you find your clients actually want enhancements then think about the course in the a bit more. To be honest, having pictures is great, but you need to start somewhere. Why don't you do your own and take a picture of one of your hands holding a gel polish bottle? Get a couple of pictures from that brand as well. If it's CND, they happily send you web images that you are able to use to advertise with. You could just have a plain coloured picture with writing on something like "Like and share my page for a chance to win a full set of XX winner to be announced on XX". You need to start somewhere! Good luck :) x

Latest posts

Back