New & need advice about mobile hairdressing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaynorJ

Reaction score
I want to start mobile hairdressing, i don't know what prices to charge or where to start advice please

I want to start mobile hairdressing, i don't know what prices to charge or where to start advice please

I’m not mobile so maybe someone who is will be able to come along and offer more advice but personally I’d be thinking about a few different things;

What salons & mobile stylists locally charge

The cost of colour/products per service (say your using a full tube of colour that cost roughly £5 deduct that away from your full head tint price for example)

Personally I’d be looking for a balance where yes it might be lower than salons but not selling yourself out where your running around spending alsorts on fuel and stock and not making much back - I rent a chair but even on my slowest weeks I always divide my week total after expenses by the hours I’ve worked just to show myself I’m still getting a more than generous “wage” [emoji23]

Thank you, how do i find a chair to rent in a salon?

I charge the same as a salon would and I’m mobile.

I even bring my own shampoos etc

I actually just became a mobile stylist. I would recommend charging a little more. It’s a convenience to have a stylist come to you and get your hair done. Not only that look at the prices for glam squad and be glammed. If your just starting you can take it a little easy. Think about your car, gas and etc

Latest posts

Back