New salon survey

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charleyc

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my sister and I are planning on opening a tanning and beauty salon very soon, she is a qualified beauty therapist and I have a few certificates in beauty myself. We have identified a premises to open up in Heaton, Newcastle upon Tyne and have completed a business plan which has approval from Gateshead Council. Everything has been sent off to a loan company in application for a start up loan however we have been advised that we have a weakness in our Business plan because we have not included a public survey and if we add one by next week we could soon have a decision. I was wondering if you could all take some time to answer a few questions please and reply below so this can be shown as proof of further research? Thank you.

This one is for those who know the area of Heaton in Newcastle, Do you think Benfield road would be a good location to open a tanning and beauty salon?

Here are examples of treatments we will be offering, do you think the prices are fair, and what treatments would you say you would use the most?

Waxing
Eyebrows £5
Lip or Chin £3
Full leg £15
Half leg £11
Hands and Feet
Manicure £12
Pedicure £16
Eye treatments
Eyelash tint £7.50
Eyebrow tint £5
Ear piercing
both ears £12 solution £1.50
one ear £7
Holistic therapies
Indian head massage £22 (45 minutes)
Reiki healing £35 (approx. 1 hour)
Tanning
Spray tan £15

We will have three vertical tanning beds in the salon, what do you think of the price listings and how often would you use them and for how long each time?
Sunbeds: individual courses
3 min £2.50 30 min £20
6 min £3.50 60 min £30
9 min £4.50 100 min £40
12 min £5.50 200 min £50

Thank you all for looking, I hope you can take the time to respond so we can move forward a little bit more

I think your prices are too cheap, cheap prices put people off in my experience our salon was quietest at our cheapest, put up the prices charged our worth and were bursting at the seams now.
I would also add a gel polish service, it's the most popular treatment in our salon.
Is there a reason the treatments are so limited? Why not underarm and bikini waxes? File and polish?
Xx

Hey Hun I agree your prices are quite cheap x why not add the pric of the solution into the ear piercing that way everyone gets the right after care xx

Hi everyone, my sister and I are planning on opening a tanning and beauty salon very soon, she is a qualified beauty therapist and I have a few certificates in beauty myself. We have identified a premises to open up in Heaton, Newcastle upon Tyne and have completed a business plan which has approval from Gateshead Council. Everything has been sent off to a loan company in application for a start up loan however we have been advised that we have a weakness in our Business plan because we have not included a public survey and if we add one by next week we could soon have a decision. I was wondering if you could all take some time to answer a few questions please and reply below so this can be shown as proof of further research? Thank you.

This one is for those who know the area of Heaton in Newcastle, Do you think Benfield road would be a good location to open a tanning and beauty salon?

Here are examples of treatments we will be offering, do you think the prices are fair, and what treatments would you say you would use the most?

Waxing
Eyebrows £5
Lip or Chin £3
Full leg £15
Half leg £11
Hands and Feet
Manicure £12
Pedicure £16
Eye treatments
Eyelash tint £7.50
Eyebrow tint £5
Ear piercing
both ears £12 solution £1.50
one ear £7
Holistic therapies
Indian head massage £22 (45 minutes)
Reiki healing £35 (approx. 1 hour)
Tanning
Spray tan £15

We will have three vertical tanning beds in the salon, what do you think of the price listings and how often would you use them and for how long each time?
Sunbeds: individual courses
3 min £2.50 30 min £20
6 min £3.50 60 min £30
9 min £4.50 100 min £40
12 min £5.50 200 min £50

Thank you all for looking, I hope you can take the time to respond so we can move forward a little bit more

Also I'd use the sunbeds the most probably for 6 mins 2/3 times a week x hope that helps xxx

Thank you so much everyone this price list was really just a sample, there are other treatments, but I'll take on board whats been said xx

Latest posts

Back