New to the beauty industry-any help would be appreciated!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCB

Reaction score
Hi there Guys,

My names Heather and Im currently a stay at home mum. After two kids and four and a half years of being the best mum I can be, I feel that the time has come for me to actually return to something JUST for me. Well, its all for the familys future in the long run but you know what I mean, lol!

I am absolutely going to start a new business as a mobile beautician and to start, I am enrolling in a spray tanning course. My problem lies in where to go next though and this is where I would sooooooooo appreciate any help and advice.

I feel that nails would be the logical step thereafter, but I am so confused about where to start with them, whats best etc etc. I know that I have to do a basic course in manicure and pedicure but can anyone reccomend where? Are these one day courses ok? I cant really dedicate anything other than evenings and weekends to the job or the study and tbh, acrylics etc are something that dont really appeal to me. Id be more interested in minx, gel, shellac etc. Would this be the right step? Or is something else like waxing more profitable and what women out there want?

Seems to me that tans, nails, waxing, brows and lashes are the best options? But what would be best first?? EEEEEEK!

Im fortunate that for now, I have saved the money to make a start in the industry, but im really only interested in where I can turn over money the quickest for the time being, until such times I can invest more time in other avenues. This is the profession where my interests lie and I want to expand and fulfill my skills entirely, but without much knowledge, I would love to hear what you girls think.

And when I said, make the most money, Im not out to grab what I can and just do the job quickly. Id never not give anyone the best I can. I just think that training in the jobs that are the most prevelant today would be the best start?

I would be forever grateful for your time, comments and advice. So if any of you can help me out there, you dont know what that would mean.

Thanking you all in advance my friends, :D

Heather.

I would have a look at Cnd training. As you've said you'd like to offer shellac then to go straight to the company is your best option. As for a mani pedi course have a look on sweet squared website they may have one and then you can do it all through them. Especially if your starting mobile or home it's best to go straight to the company. Hope this helps

Have a look at your local colleges. Many of them do part time manicure/pedicure certificates. You then have the option of what company you want to go with as you have a recognised certificate. This would be enough to allow you to use Minx, Shellac etc, but not nail extensions which you don't want to do anyway. I think nails is a good next step, although I was taught, many years ago, that waxing is your bread and butter, and I do a lot of it, and it has a very high mark up. I'd look locally and see what's available. Good luck x

Hi there, I am in exactly the same boat as you. I did a 2 day manicure pedicure course at a local college, am doing a nail art course next week and then cnd shellac course in 2 weeks (I would have loved to do the full cnd course but just could not afford it). I am hoping to do spray tan and waxing courses very soon too. I think nails is a great option especially shellac as it is so popular right now. Also waxing is a good one as apart from the course and some wax there is not a great start up cost. I looked into eyelash extensions tools this is something I would like to do in the future when I can afford to invest in a proper bed and lamp. :) good luck with it xxx

Latest posts

Back