Newbie here! My new business idea

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glamourpit

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!!

Since travelling to 3 long haul destinations for my wedding and honemoons I had a lot of time to think and ive decided im going persue my dream business plan :D

As a person who takes a lot of time and pride with my own eyelashes,brows, make up , tan etc I always go for beauticians and salons which offer 'well known' brands and figured thats what i want to do with my training and i can then use the brands logo on my website/fb page etc!

So ive just booked my first course for 2 weeks time with eye lash emporium..and am cureently on on my night shift looking at Billion dollar brow , and CND shellac course for Novemeber!!

Im struggling to find the costing for CND course can anyone advise me of this?

Heres the original business plan:

I'll be working a mobile beauty therapist as...(yet to come up with business name..anyone want to help me think of a glamourous/classy name) and basically i will travelling to clients houses, hotels etc to provide them with there chosen glamourous beauty packages - will have quirky names for them) - these glamourous packages will offer services for any occasion wheather its a night ot with the girls, hen do, celebrations or a pamper session.

There will be a menu of 5 different hair/ make-up (including eyelashes) and express nail packages (hairstyling includes, updo's, curls using straightners, wands, tongs etc)

I will also be doing Semi pernament eyelashes, BDB, shellac and so on.

what do you guys think? or do you have any ideas? I want it to be for the girls/woman who want to be galmmed up before a night out.event and more pamper parties!

Love your idea's.
How about Glam on the go, Glam 2 U, just thinking out loud!

I like glam on the go! 👍 your doing something like, i have a room in my house (no rent, very little bills) it is good to start small and slowly grow!

How exciting!!
I was in this position a while ago (previously trained but never did anything with the qualifications.)
I definitely think you're going the right way around by training with big house brands. It is definitely more worth while regarding training and education than to par-take on a perhaps cheaper generic course.

The company that provides the shellac training is called Sweet Squared. You have to prices them with relevant qualifications in order to gain an online account but if you give them a ring (they are really nice) they will be able to guide you in regards to which is the best course and how much they are etc.

As for advice I have two pieces.
Don't get too hung up about the brand. I first trained with Hollywood lashes and was absolutely adamant that they were the best ever brand. But after completing the course felt it wasn't for me and then trained with Nouveau lashes. (This was quite a few years ago and things may have changed since then). Just be sure to do your research on every single brand! And this is a great place to ask people what they thought of various courses!

Next, try not to do too much too fast! If you are in the position to start completing treatments before Christmas obviously that's fantastic. But when you are newly trained don't underestimate how many sets of nails/lashes/brows you are going to need to complete to be 100% confident. (It might be more than you think - it was for me).

Hope this helps :) xx

The Nail Den
"Salon luxury, within home comforts"

Thank you so much, your post had been really really helpful!!! I'm really excited about this project..I think it's come to light as I've been planning my fairytale wedding over the last 2 years and need something new and exciting to plan 😂

I've really researched and the most popular lashes we're eyelash emporium, flurries and noveau 😍 did you do your lash training if so what brand did you use?

Can you help me with classy but glamorous business names?

Latest posts

Back