No hands massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aayspa

Reaction score
Hey lovelies.

Does anyone offer "no hands" massage? If so what do you think of the treatment? Where did you train? Do you use the techniques much?

Am struggling with my hands and carpal tunnel but don't want to give up my favourite treatment!

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks x

Hiya, I use a lot of the techniques in my massage work. I trained with the No Hands Massage Company but only did the foundation weekend. It's also worth looking at hot stone massage as the stones take a lot of pressure off your hands.

The massage I now do incorporates traditional, no hands and hot stone work and clients love it.

Good luck finding something to ease the pain in your hands.

Thanks for the info. I'd love to do hot stones and am already trained but I'm mobile... Can't exactly cart that water bath about lol x

Larva shell massages is another interesting "no hands" massage technique.

Again it's something else for me to carry about though. Isn't it heavy?!

Does nobody else do the traditional no hands massage?x

The No Hands Techniques will definitely help you prolong your career if you're having problems with your hands. The course I did taught you a complete full body massage and I do incorporate a lot of the techniques. You use the weight of your own body behind your arms, elbows etc and it is very effective.

One reason I don't offer it as a stand alone treatment is you work with the bed very low and even with the right posture it gave me problems with an old injury in my lower back.

Afraid I can't advise on courses as it is years since I did mine. I'm sure there are other geeks who have done it more recently though.

The larva shell massage shells don't take much to carry about. You only need 2 shells minimum to do the massage. From what I have read so far they stay warm the entire hour without the need for hot water. You do however need a special sachet containing some sort of mineral per treatment. This mineral is what keeps the shells warm.

Another option is a bamboo massage. All you need is the bamboo piece to do the massage.

I just thought I'd share some alternative massages you might like to look into. Best wishes :)

The No Hands Techniques will definitely help you prolong your career if you're having problems with your hands. The course I did taught you a complete full body massage and I do incorporate a lot of the techniques. You use the weight of your own body behind your arms, elbows etc and it is very effective.

One reason I don't offer it as a stand alone treatment is you work with the bed very low and even with the right posture it gave me problems with an old injury in my lower back.

Afraid I can't advise on courses as it is years since I did mine. I'm sure there are other geeks who have done it more recently though.

Thank you for your reply. Did you train through the no hands massage company? They seem to be the only ones I can find! Their training is 3 quite long days and always seems to be over a weekend which is less than convenient for me! Was watching some of the videos and looks like they concentrate on your breathing a lot and stretching moves?! I did see that they kneel on the floor for a lot of it which really doesn't look comfy especially for anyone with back issues. Am not so sure about the whole thing now. Would love to learn the techniques but seems to be taught in a very different approach!

I've had no hands several times. I've found it a really pleasant massage to receive. I think the kneeling technique can be adapted but what you learn is using hands, forearms etc and the body's weight for pressure. Everyone I know who has done the training has really rated it. If you have back issues it may be worth talking to the trainers for adaptations. Not everyone incorporates all the moves, but once trained, you can adapt as you see fit.

Vic x

Thank you for your reply. Did you train through the no hands massage company? They seem to be the only ones I can find! Their training is 3 quite long days and always seems to be over a weekend which is less than convenient for me! Was watching some of the videos and looks like they concentrate on your breathing a lot and stretching moves?! I did see that they kneel on the floor for a lot of it which really doesn't look comfy especially for anyone with back issues. Am not so sure about the whole thing now. Would love to learn the techniques but seems to be taught in a very different approach!

I did train with the No Hands Massage Company - at the time I was able to do a two day course but I think they changed that to three days. The techniques are definitely worth learning as they're very effective and do stop you using your hands as much. As with most courses you only then have to use the bits you like.

Have you tried booking a massage with someone local to you who does no-hands? They may be able to give you more advice about training.

I did the no hands massage training, but only the foundation course. You can only do the training through the no hands massage company. The training was 3 long days, mine was fri - sun. I struggled with the technique due to my knees hurting. I tried different cushions, pillows, you name it but my knees still hurt :( It is fantastic for people who are struggling with their wrists, hands etc. It is all about breathing and releasing both for you and the client. During my training, my client released so much she burst into tears.....it's a very personal massage. It wasn't for me but I will try and use some of the techniques in my everyday massage routines. You need to call them and speak to Tiggy. She will advise you of your nearest trainer. Good luck!

I did the no hands massage training, but only the foundation course. You can only do the training through the no hands massage company. The training was 3 long days, mine was fri - sun. I struggled with the technique due to my knees hurting. I tried different cushions, pillows, you name it but my knees still hurt :( It is fantastic for people who are struggling with their wrists, hands etc. It is all about breathing and releasing both for you and the client. During my training, my client released so much she burst into tears.....it's a very personal massage. It wasn't for me but I will try and use some of the techniques in my everyday massage routines. You need to call them and speak to Tiggy. She will advise you of your nearest trainer. Good luck!

Thanks for your reply. I found my nearest trainers but both are over weekends and really aren't convenient.

I'm not sure whether to do it or not now to be honest. Guess I was looking for new techniques in my existing massage treatments to help my hands etc rather than a new type of treatment altogether. I like the holistic side but I have a feeling I may find this a step too far after looking at some of the videos.

Thanks though. Nice to have people's opinions that have done the training x

I did 2 separate courses with the No Hands Massage company, Gerry Pyves. Take the weekend off to try the foundation course, the training is excellent. They teach you about breathing, posture, balance and weight as well using your arms. I initially started, as they taught me, kneeling on the floor with a low couch but I've since adapted that and I now stand while doing a no hands massage. I'd done several massage courses before NHM, but after their 1st course, my treatments were so much more effective.

Latest posts

Back