NSI coloured and glitter acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinker bell

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I seem to be having problems with the about acrylic, I don't have issues with pink and white but I've had a client say they have lifted. I have covered all prep correct ect.
Just to let you know I covered the whole nail with the acrylic.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thank you

Your title says coloured and glitter, do you mean acrylics you've added colour/glitter too or nsi branded coloured glitter acrylic?

Hi maz101. It's nsis own, not one I've mixed myself.

Thanks

NSI Technailcolors are very good and work just as well as the Attraction range.
If you have had lifting, it could be a matter of, that when you applied, you touched the surrounding skin when applying color/glitter and/or your mix ratio was too wet.
Where was the lifting? Cuticle, sidewalls or free edge?
Just in case it might be a prep issue, do you want to say what your prep steps are and what tools and products you use when doing your prep work?

The problem could be a few different things.

I agree with wooshka, nsi is a fabulous product, so sounds like something your doing, the ratio will be different n the colours and glitters so maybe that. Why not list all your prep and let us know exactly where the problem is.

Hi, yes I definitely agree its my application. Nsi are fabulous products and I've rarely have any issues with it when using attraction.

My application is

Sanitise
Cuticle away ,clean cuticle area with curette and wipe away .
File natural nail and free edge with 180 grit
Nail pure plus on lint free wipe
Attraction primer
Apply platinum forms
Apply acrylic

As I said I don't have issues with attraction powders just the coloured ones so as someone mentioned my ratio maybe too wet??

Thanks

Sorry I forgot to mention. This one particular girl said the whole nail just came off!!! Not heard of that happening before so my clients words. I did another girl her friend on the same night with the same colour and hers are fine.

Thanks

Cuticle Away...this is CND brand isn't it?

If you are using Cuticle Away, this must be deactivated with water, if you are not doing this, then the nail enhancement will not adhere to the nail, no matter what you do.

After you have filed the nail, I would use the Plush Brush to wipe away and dust and then use Cleanse to ensure the nail surface is clean.
Then use Nail Pure and make sure you give the nails a good rub with the pad soaked in nail Pure.
Also, make sure you don't drown the nail with primer, just a small amount is needed.
Make sure you really pat the L&P onto the nail to make sure it is well attached to the nail.
Try using a very slightly wetter mix ratio for the colors and glitters but ensure the product does not touch any surrounding skin.

In regards to the friends nail that just popped off, this just simply does not happen if the nail was attached properly, so in that situation, there was something that went astray with your application process and my bet is on the Cuticle Away and not correctly removing it, if this is what you actually used.

Hi wish a

Thank you for your reply, I did say I used cuticle away however that was incorrect. I use nsi cuticle remover in white tube with green writing. I do however use cuticle away for shellac.

I also forgot to mention I use a plush brush( think that's its name) whicte plastic nsi brush after filing

Thank you for your advice re making sure the acrylic is properly adhering to the nail I will note this when next using this product

Many thanks to everyone that has replied

Xxx

Sorry predictive text I meant woosha

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum but not to nails.

I don't use NSI, but have used glitter & color acrylic for years. A little trick I learn was to do a very thin layer of clear acrylic on the natural nail. This has helped me to 1. prevent lifting and 2. avoid staining the natural nail with the colored acrylic.

Hope this helps :)

I have never found NSI colors to stain the nails, so have not felt the need to use a thin layer of clear but yes, if a brand is known for this, then it is always a good idea to lay down a layer of clear first, especially with red and black or dark colors.

Tinker Bell, I gathered it was predictive text you were using, it's ok, I knew what you meant:) Good luck :)

Latest posts

Back