NSI Glaze n Go

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZNailz

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Is someone able to explain why you are not supposed to buff enhancements before gel top coats? In particular, I'm using NSI Glaze n Go (LED).
I changed to the above top coat due to amazing testimonials all over the internet but I am finding it pits before curing (this could be because I have lightly buffed first in the past?) and that it wears off and dulls more so than others I have used.
If someone if able to help - I would appreciate it :) . Clearly I'm doing something wrong as everyone tends to rave about it.

I have never heard of not buffing an enhancement as a rule.
I always buff them, even if it's a slight buff just to smooth it out.

I have never heard of not buffing an enhancement as a rule.
I always buff them, even if it's a slight buff just to smooth it out.
I have too but the glaze n go bottle says 'DO NOT buff' and wondering if this is causing my issues

I have too but the glaze n go bottle says 'DO NOT buff' and wondering if this is causing my issues

Every enhancement needs a buff over, no-one no matter how good you are gets a perfectly shaped overlay. Even if it's perfectly shaped you might need to buff out brush marks.

I think that may mean with a buffer to shine rather than smooth....

I think that may mean with a buffer to shine rather than smooth....

You're probably right, however, most newbie techs wouldn't know you can do that, they all use Top Coat. To me nothing looks quite a nice as a fully buffed shiny extension. These new techs don't know their born now they don't have to get arm ache from a glossing buffer :p;)

Trinity you so right ! I don't even think they train newbie techs to buff to shine nails anymore ! Those were to good old days hahahaha ! I still like doing a classic French that way !

Thankfully I had to do it at college a couple of years ago and still have my unused buffer...

Latest posts

Back