NSS at the Clothes Show!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beauty Snob

Reaction score
Hi all I very rarely post but this has outraged me.
I stand at the clothes show each year with my brand of cosmetics and nail products, we have to go through hoops of fire to get our risk assessment and stand approved, and there are rules and regs that unless you abide by you simply cannot trade. As a consummate professional this is totally acceptable and understandable.
My staff are highly qualified, talented and able to do their job without the use of electric files or dangerous chemicals, they understand how to maintain the integrity of the natural nail and how to promote awareness of the dangers of MMA, the importance of health and safety and the risk of cross contamination and infection.
The regulations placed upon us I believe are there to set a standard that will rapidly expose salons or individuals that are not up to the mark or fail to reach the level required to trade, these standards should be in place to safeguard the public and as such they should apply even more so at a consumer event where school girls as young as 12 attend with their schools.

So back to why I am posting.
This year my stand was opposite a 2x2m stand with one guy doing spray tans, he lost his spray gun on the first day packed up and went home. On the second day I arrived to find three nail stations on his stand with two non English speaking Asian women and one man, all with electric drills, all with clear acrylic liquid which was definitely MMA (you have to smell it to know it) and a price list of £20 for one set £30 for two. On the third day they had a further 3 nail tables but this time along the isles not even within the confines of their space, a threading stool and a nail art table....and it went on. I stuck to my price of £30 for a full set and we plodded on, I had one girl in tears saying her “fingers where burning” and could I take her nails off please, her cuticles where bleeding and raw, guess where she had been..?
Now you can say this is just sour grapes but after 24 years in the industry this is the final straw, trust me forum we must stop this total rape of our industry it is outrageous that a company such as Haymarket exhibitions would allow such a set up to trade at the clothes show.
I trained 24 years ago with a guy called Tab Brown in London, Jacqui Jefford also trained with him, I have also trained with Creative, LCN, NSI, City and Guilds and more I offer training that is fully accredited, I ensure all certificate are on display at all the events we attend, they had none. I am very disheartened with our industry and feel it’s time we acted collectively it’s all very well sitting in front of our laptops complaining, we have to start acting.
I am drafting a letter to the MD of the exhibition and to Birmingham city council I will await a response I wonder if they will be allowed to stand and inflict the same damage next year, in fact I wonder if where there was ONE NSS stand there will be FOUR on each isle, just like our local high streets.

As this is a vent rather than a question, it really should be a blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back