Office Chairs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Planky1

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to put this.

I have found the perfect desk for my salon so am now trying to find chairs. I had a gas lift chair before that was like a stool but with a back on it and it was very uncomfortable when sat all day in it. As I was working in a hair salon, clients just sat in the chairs that were already provided by the salon.

I have been looking at all sorts of chairs, trying to find ones that will be comfortable for both myself and my clients and keep getting drawn back to office chairs each and every time.

They are reasonably priced and seem to be the only type of chair that looks really comfortable and the ones I have been looking at also have lumbar support and a guarantee for 8 hours a day use, so I thought they would be perfect really.

But do you think it would be a bit strange/unprofessional to have office style chairs? These are the ones I have been looking at and have found others very similar that are slightly cheaper too.

Opinions? I just can't decide. Was going to order them but just not sure if it would look unprofessional?

I've also just found these on Fleabay which also look very comfy! In fact they look more comfy than the first ones I've given a link to.

Last edited:
I personally wouldn't think they look unprofessional...if anything i think my first thought as a customer would be 'hell yeah! I get a comfy chair!'

Kxx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

That's why I keep getting drawn to them, as they are the only chair that looks comfortable. Every other chair I look at is hard or dining roomy and don't look as nice or comfortable as these

I know what you mean! I sat in about thirty chairs yesterday looking for the perfect 'fit', but the ones that felt nice I didn't think fitted in with a salon look.

Is it possible to get a really good chair, as in good for your back, practical features like wheels and adjustable height etc, but get it covered to go with your decor? You might be able to get a second hand one really cheap if you went with this option too! Or am I just a cheap skate?! :D

I know what you mean! I sat in about thirty chairs yesterday looking for the perfect 'fit', but the ones that felt nice I didn't think fitted in with a salon look.

Is it possible to get a really good chair, as in good for your back, practical features like wheels and adjustable height etc, but get it covered to go with your decor? You might be able to get a second hand one really cheap if you went with this option too! Or am I just a cheap skate?! :D

These chairs do fit in with my décor I think, which was why I was going to order them, but then I was just worried about them looking too officey and therefore unprofessional iykwim but I think perhaps when they are in there with everything else they might not stick out so much as looking that way?? :confused:

The look is important to me when I'm spending out on everything anyway but I think more vitally, my clients need to be as comfortable as they can be. Don't want them to dread coming to me again because the chairs are too uncomfortable to sit in. Will also have to think about some sort of rug to go under them though if I do get them, don't want my clients wheeling off to the other side of the room when I'm doing their nails :D

I suppose what I'm really asking, is if YOU went to a home based salon (or any salon for that matter) and you saw this type of chair there, would you think, "Why has she got office chairs??" or like kellibabe said "Oooo nice comfy chair to sit in" I want to be sure before I order them that I'm making the right choice.

Big things I have no problems making decisions on, this type of thing, I can never decide! Lol xx

Think I will order them, have been browsing all afternoon, nothing looks as comfy unless it costs a bomb. Thanks for your replies both of you xx

Sorry, only just got home....I think I would think, ooh, nice comfy chair! And I think you're right in that once they are in their they will look right.

Let us know what they're like when they arrive! :biggrin:

Sorry, only just got home....I think I would think, ooh, nice comfy chair! And I think you're right in that once they are in their they will look right.

Let us know what they're like when they arrive! :biggrin:

Will do. Will no doubt post a pic of it all when finished as I won't be able to contain my excitement! Have found the wallpaper I want today too. Can't wait to get decorating next week now! :)

Latest posts

Back