Olaplex alternative?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanJames

Reaction score
Rep has come in today and told us about the olaplex alternative that's half the price that works out at £1.55 per client, Magi-bond by quif, wondered if anyone had heard or try it?

The active ingredient is a new chemical with patents pending. None of the new knock offs have that ingredient or anything like it. I know its hard to wait, but trust me, olaplex is the real thing. It works like nothing else. I hate to see you guys wasting money on these knock offs.

We have ordered Quif magibond sounds amazing we dont olaplex to be fair as of the chemicals in it, sorry if this upsets you, but the EU have banned Olaplex

@jordanstylist Is this true?

So this is coming from a company that sells a competing product?

Well we placed our order today with Alan howard for our normal bits and bobs and i was talking to a member of staff at the branch about it, saying how much i am looking forward to it the Magibond that is, and they just confirmed what my rep had told me, that olaplex cannot come to the uk as of the chemical it uses and that it is not allowed into the Eu and UK, so i am happy really, i don't want any bad reactions where as the magibond is quite nice to use and not so harmful.

Ha ha ha. What complete bull poo. Olaplex isn't available in the UK yet but it's got nothing to do with EU rules. It's a distribution issue.

Sounds like a rep spouting lies in order to sell their poor quality knock off products....

We have ordered Quif magibond sounds amazing we dont olaplex to be fair as of the chemicals in it, sorry if this upsets you, but the EU have banned Olaplex

They haven't banned olaplex? They are about to distribute it to major top named salons offering it them first, they've already decided on which company to sell it under apparently, might be wrong but this is what the rep was telling us.
It was also a Alan Howard Rep that was telling us this

Ha ha ha. What complete bull poo. Olaplex isn't available in the UK yet but it's got nothing to do with EU rules. It's a distribution issue.

Sounds like a rep spouting lies in order to sell their poor quality knock off products....

Thought so!

Obviously Alan Howard warehouse isn't an Olaplex distributor.... :)

You do need to be wary of anything a warehouse rep tells you and I've heard some major porkies. Overheard one salesperson tell a student hairdresser that if she added developer to a crazy colour, it made it permanent...! Obviously, I sidled over after the rep had wandered off and put her straight. Tsk!

Pmsl olaplex is safe enough to be used on children lol they're not going to ban it if that's the case! They really ought to get a move on tho or the uk market is going to be flooded with knockoffs by the time we do get it!!

I'm sorry 6886 but that's rubbish. Olaplex is not banned in the EU! Where on earth did you hear that???

There are salons in the UK that already use Olaplex actually... Olaplex posted something about a Leicester salon on their facebook page yesterday.

Extract from a recent email I received from Olaplex. So, yes some salons have already got it.

The number of account applications has been phenomenal. We are beginning the pre-launch activities this week in London and select areas so hopefully you will start seeing social media and press activity which will build the Olaplex brand and educate the consumer on what is to come. We know how eager everyone is to use Olaplex and we are working with all speeds to be able to activate supply when stock arrives to supply your salon. This means carefully managing stock expectations for every salon we activate. During this period, your patience is deeply appreciated.

Sorry to sound a bit thick but what is it used for ?

There are salons in the UK that already use Olaplex actually... Olaplex posted something about a Leicester salon on their facebook page yesterday.

I saw this too!!!' There are already beauty bloggers and journalists reviewing for magazines.

I don't know who else was talking about adding number 2 to your lengths and ends as a treatment but apparently this can be done....

Think I'll buy the trial size of magi-bond and try that and then when olaplex is available compare the two, I'm sure olaplex will beat it by far but in the mean time it's worth a try for the price.

Sorry to sound a bit thick but what is it used for ?

Olaplex claims to be the holy grail of hair products by actually rebuilding the broken disulphide bonds within the cortex. It has numerous worldwide patents pending and I don't think any other product has filed any similar claims.

The copycats are usually products that smooth the cuticle layer so it appears healthier but will obviously wash out over time. If the internal bond is repaired, it won't be affected by shampooing.

I don't think Olaplex can repair damaged cuticle layers so if the cuticle is trashed, the only option is to cut the hair above the damage.

Olaplex claims to be the holy grail of hair products by actually rebuilding the broken disulphide bonds within the cortex. It has numerous worldwide patents pending and I don't think any other product has filed any similar claims.

The copycats are usually products that smooth the cuticle layer so it appears healthier but will obviously wash out over time. If the internal bond is repaired, it won't be affected by shampooing.

I don't think Olaplex can repair damaged cuticle layers so if the cuticle is trashed, the only option is to cut the hair above the damage.

You're 100% right. Olaplex doesn't repair the cuticle nor does it reolace protien or moisture treatments.

My beef is that all the knock offs out their are taking people's money and not producing the same results.

Ahhhhh I seeeeeee! So the hairstylist in Leicester who has olaplex and said you can use it as a 'treatment' was incorrect!!

I'm assuming the hair would just be internally stronger rather than smoother to touch?

There's just so much speculation about it because no one here actually has it yet lol!!! Sorry to all the American geeks who are probably fed up of us haha

I'm sure I've read that you can use it as a treatment service.

Ahhhhh I seeeeeee! So the hairstylist in Leicester who has olaplex and said you can use it as a 'treatment' was incorrect!!

I'm assuming the hair would just be internally stronger rather than smoother to touch?

There's just so much speculation about it because no one here actually has it yet lol!!! Sorry to all the American geeks who are probably fed up of us haha

You can actually do an in-salon service with it which is like a treatment so yes.

Loads of people say their hair feels really soft after though so i'm not sure!

Latest posts

Back