Open 1 year next week should I run a thank you offer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surf girl

Reaction score
Hi guys so I've been open a year next week & I was thinking about doing an offer for the customers as a thank you for their support this year, does anyone have experience with this and do you think it's a good idea? I don't really like dropping prices tbh, but this week is so quiet I thought this might be an ideal time to do an offer to get people booked in. Do you think I should message each fb client directly or put the offer on my page? And how's best to word it? I sit for far too long dwelling on wether things sound right or not lol!

Hey, I did this two years ago and did an offer for all my really regulars-I posted them the offer as I had details on file or handed it to them at their last appointment before 1 year (but this might be a bit late for you) basically I did an offer of pay for any full price treatment and get another treatment for only £1! The £1 treatments were between a mini manicure, mini pedicure, brow shape and tint, spray tan and something else I don't remember. I was lucky tho I had a good student nvq2 who could do these treatments and I made sure they were things that once people have had once they would like again - it sounds like such a bargain as well. I would say that 95% of the people who took me up on the offer, which was 100% of those given vouchers, have repeated their additional treatment at full price since with over 50% regularly having the extra e.g. Brow tint and shape so it was definitely worth it! This is obviously beauty tho not hair but whatever u do try to introduce clients to something they wouldn't usually have but u think would like to repeat as long term u will be gaining! xxx

That sounds like a brill idea a £1 treatment xx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks! I'll have to get my thinking cap on! I feel a bit limited in what extras I could offer at a £1 but it's a fab idea, I've just recently started nails so I could offer that or maybe a luxury conditioning treatment, does anyone have any ideas for the hair side of it? Another idea someone said yesterday was buy one gift voucher get one free, that's a bit scary tho I worry I'll be doing too much for free has anyone done it?

The about using ut as an opportunity to allow clients to try something new. For example when visiting in the birthday month Hair clients get a voucher for a mini mani
Beauty clients get a voucher for a wash & blowdry

Hope that makes sense x

Thanks! I'll have to get my thinking cap on! I feel a bit limited in what extras I could offer at a £1 but it's a fab idea, I've just recently started nails so I could offer that or maybe a luxury conditioning treatment, does anyone have any ideas for the hair side of it? Another idea someone said yesterday was buy one gift voucher get one free, that's a bit scary tho I worry I'll be doing too much for free has anyone done it?

Something like a book for a hair appointment and get a comp conditioning treatment would be nice and could potentially encourage people to get it again, file and polish to show off your new nail skills or style after hair appointment? And then you could create 3 styles e.g a bun, ponytail and loose waves - something that would only take another 20mins or so (although I'm not a hairdresser so don't know how long quick styles take!) and they could chose from one of those.

If you're really quiet this week why not print a voucher and then go hand deliver them to everyone if they're local?

Something like a book for a hair appointment and get a comp conditioning treatment would be nice and could potentially encourage people to get it again, file and polish to show off your new nail skills or style after hair appointment? And then you could create 3 styles e.g a bun, ponytail and loose waves - something that would only take another 20mins or so (although I'm not a hairdresser so don't know how long quick styles take!) and they could chose from one of those.

If you're really quiet this week why not print a voucher and then go hand deliver them to everyone if they're local?

That's excellent with the add on of hair ups etc that could work really well! Spesh on the run up to Christmas!

Congratulations - happy anniversary :D

You could also give a raffle tickets with a glass of non alcoholic wine for all clients who sit an appointment of that week and the winner gets??? Whatever you like...

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Congratulations - happy anniversary :D

You could also give a raffle tickets with a glass of non alcoholic wine for all clients who sit an appointment of that week and the winner gets??? Whatever you like...

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Love that! Thank you :D

Hi I had a first birthday party and discounted 25% off any treatment for three days Friday sat and Sunday I did get a very big window poster made and we started advertising a few weeks before , it was amazing we had cupcakes and champagne and we were so busy it is so lovely to say thank you to those very loyal clients .they do appreciate it.
Congratulations and hope that all goes well whatever you do :biggrin:

Hi I had a first birthday party and discounted 25% off any treatment for three days Friday sat and Sunday I did get a very big window poster made and we started advertising a few weeks before , it was amazing we had cupcakes and champagne and we were so busy it is so lovely to say thank you to those very loyal clients .they do appreciate it.
Congratulations and hope that all goes well whatever you do :biggrin:

Thank you :)

Congratulations!
My tanning salon turned 1 in July! I had 2 raffles.. 1 for individual paying customers and another for courses booked. I had prizes of winning the same course back plus a selection of tanning accelerators including bottles. And with the individual session, they could win the session back and some creams too!
I found people were buying courses just because they could win it back!
We also gave a few free sachets out randomly! And had chocolate for customers to help themselves to!
We also got large number balloons saying '1' so people understood why we was doing it :)
Went down a treat and the customers who won creams, now regularly buy them! And the new courses booked have now become regular!
Good luck x

Latest posts

Back