Opening date

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quiet Therapist

Reaction score
A local salon to me is taking bookings for the week after next for waxing. But said if lockdown is extended they will be in touch.

How can this be right? Or have I missed something? My insurance company have sent out that I need to wait until further notice or I wont be insured to practice.

Are they just trying to plan ahead do you reckon?

Yes, some salons are doing this. I think because they are worried their clients might go else where.
Ever since lock down, a salon near me has been moving client bookings from one month to the next.
To be honest this would really annoy me as a client being moved each month when it is clear salons weren't going to be open for months.
Much better to cancel everyone and start bookings from scratch when we get the go-ahead. Let's face it, our clients can't go anywhere else can they??
I do find it unsettling though when this salon posts on FB about they are booking for May! Just makes the public think salons are opening :mad:

Reading some of the posts on here, therapists are getting messages from clients wanting sneaky appointments as if they are special / exempt. So far I have had only 2 (one bloke wanting something sleazy and one lady wanting waxing because she is desperate...!!!) Hmmm.

Latest posts

Back