OPI in Poundshop!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacymcg13

Reaction score
I was in my local Poundshop today and came across some OPI nail polishes they are older crackle ones but was still shocked to see them in a Poundshop. Anyone else came across stuff like this? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1426259863.649032.jpg

Yes. I've seen it a few times. Its only really the Shatter polishes, not the colours but it still cheapens the brand in the eyes of our clients. Not good. Xxx

Oh really, yeah I was thinking that too it's not so good 😐

I've seen opi and China glaze in my pound shop for 50p each! Only the crackle ones tho

A lot of the TK Maxx stores currently have Illamasqua nail polishes in.

Nice to see a large nail company supporting the industry pro's........not!! :irked:

They've been selling them for about 2 years now.

ive seen opi, loreal perm lotion and matrix biolage hair spray! oh i also seen the stila powder foundation

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't know if any of you watched the documentary on the pound shop or pound land it might of been but like TK Maxx they buy old stock from discontinued business so not often directly from distributor/ manufacturer i think this is what you'll find probably happened in this instance

I wouldn't worry, these have been in discount shops for about 2 years now, can't believe there's still stock left!? Just shows how the shatter effect really was a huge "fad". Some of my mums work friends bought some of these because of my mum educating them on what good brands are, and surprisingly most people think they are regular polishes and not realise they are shatter effects that need to be layered on something. So when they applied them it went on like the worst polish ever, and knowing they where a good brand didn't understand why and where convinced they where fake x

I don't know if any of you watched the documentary on the pound shop or pound land it might of been but like TK Maxx they buy old stock from discontinued business so not often directly from distributor/ manufacturer i think this is what you'll find probably happened in this instance

Yea & its past its shelf life. :rolleyes:

They have a lot of well known brands in the pound shops. I think the company's send them there when they can't sell them if they have proved unpopular ranges or if they have changed packaging etc. I suppose it's their way of getting a little back from the product line as opposed to sending it to landfill!

99p shop near me are selling BlondMe hairspray and illumi lights treatment and pureology hairspray :confused:

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

I know it's not nail stuff but b&m by us were selling bedhead products. (Some that aren't discontinued either) x

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I know it's not nail stuff but b&m by us were selling bedhead products. (Some that aren't discontinued either) x

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

We had a word with our tigi rep about this a while ago & he said next time we go in we have to get the batch number & he will look it up as something aint right about it.

Do you happen to remember what the documentary was called? I'd be interested in seeing if I can find it online x

Not too sure I'm afraid I'm sure it was pound land though it was on it was before Christmas put it in google it may come up it was over a couple of days I think it was on

I have never seen any of this other stuff that's why I was so shocked when I seen it, I know it was crackle and old but still! Thought I would still find in the Sally's bargain bin not poundland 😂
I had once seen Argos stuff in a bargain store before. So that will be like you were saying about buying old stock.

Latest posts

Back