OPI LED Lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katty12

Reaction score
Hello, I am considering buying the OPI LED Lamp. I am aware that Lena White is the official stockist, but was wondering if the cheaper options of £225 rather that £360 from other stores on the web are likely to be ligit products? I wouldn't trust eBay, but am nervous to spend so much money from the official stockist! Has anyone had a bad experience? or know how to spot a fake? Thanks.

I'm being coy as prices aren't allowed. But the higher price you mentioned is almost the price of the light & starter kit - 6 colours + base & top coat, prep products etc. The price of just the light from from Coty (Lena White are no longer) is considerably lower than your post states.

There are frequent offers on the light. Coty have an offer on it currently until the 28th & there are so many people who sell it that at any time you won't have to wait long for a deal such as VAT free - beauty express, sallys & capital all sell the lamp with regular promotions.

I would never buy a light from an unauthorised source. It's a false economy because even if it were genuine if something were ever to go wrong you would have no warranty. They might tell you you do have a warranty but if you purchase from amazon, ebay, kaydee cosmetics you can't register the warranty.

If imported (as most of the cheap deals are on the US version) you would 1. have to pay for international tracked shipping to return were something to go amiss & they were willing to refund 2. Pay import fees to receive if coming from outside Europe. The whole thing is a bad idea.

When I pay 3 figure sums of money I expect an assurance that my purchase will be protected for at least a year & that is what you get when buying through official channels.

It's no use saving £50 only to have it break on you 4 months later, have no recourse & need to buy a new light!

Hi willowrose, thanks for your reply.

Sorry, my mistake. I didn't realise costs were not allowed :( .... I was rushing earlier as had a toddler pulling at my leg, and baby starting to scream so I didn't fully explain myself!! The higher cost I have includes some sort of starter kit. The lamp alone was barely any tenners less and is currently not available to buy on its own.

Thanks for the tips on who else sells it. Glad there are other trustworthy places to look at.

You are of course completely right about buying through official sources. I guess I have just held off until now as my business is very very very small as I struggle to fit work around the young children. I had a cheaper LED lamp and have just got to the stage where I feel it holds me back as gel nails can take an hour to do. Once again false economy as times costs money.

Thanks for your help :)

Latest posts

Back