Orange hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

princesstinx

Reaction score
Ok so a lady came in today (not my client) and she had bright carrot orange hair and she wanted it toned down so there was no warmth and kept at the same level 7/8 but the stylists refused to do it because she said she would still have warmth, but I'm sure I could of got it to a neutral colour. What would you do? We use wella but any suggestions welcome.

I would have took a test strand and did a simple cleanse and tone to see what it did :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

I would have took a test strand and done a simple cleanse and tone to see what it did :-D

I would have took a test strand and did a simple cleanse and tone to see what it did :-D

Yea me too I wouldn't of just point blank said no cant be done!

And I wouldn't guarantee u cold either you never know how it might react but if it is carrot orange you will have to cleanse out tone and then drop down with an ash base again. When doing a client like this I always utilise mixtones and quasi's eg colour touch

And I wouldn't guarantee u cold either you never know how it might react but if it is carrot orange you will have to cleanse out tone and then drop down with an ash base again. When doing a client like this I always utilise mixtones and quasi's eg colour touch

I would tell her I COULD do it but I wouldn't just refuse! I'm not very good with mixtones I'm a bit scared of them x

Did your colleague do a full consultation?

Yea you could do it but to minimise that amount of orange you should look up on mixtones great for tht kind of thung

Hiya geeks.

My friend is about a level 3 with colour and has put a box dye (preference dip dye kit) on the ends of her hair. Her ends have gone a copper and orange colour, she was trying to achieve a light blonde!!

Would i have to re-lighten with bleach, then apply a ash blonde to get that light blonde? i currently use matrix.

Thanks for your help

laura x

Hiya geeks.

My friend is about a level 3 with colour and has put a box dye (preference dip dye kit) on the ends of her hair. Her ends have gone a copper and orange colour, she was trying to achieve a light blonde!!

Would i have to re-lighten with bleach, then apply a ash blonde to get that light blonde? i currently use matrix.

Thanks for your help

laura x

Take a test cutting first and check the condition I don't know what vol the box dyes use but the hair could end up just breaking off.

Thankyou

I'll do this first thing, as unsure of condition of her hair, she is always colouring hair, its only recently that she's bought one of those box-dyes :(.

x

Hiya geeks.

Thanks for your help

laura x

As advised def strand test, if she has got it to a copper/orange she is about a 6 from the sounds of it with strong under pigments, so I would bleach bath then tone xx

Thankyou Nichairstudio x

Latest posts

Back