Organising lashes - another lash tip

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redchick

Reaction score
Hello again, I am definately spending far too much time on here.

I seem to get some pm's when I post, so I do a thread to answer the questions then get more pm's he he. It's funny, I went to work today thinking, yep, that's it, that's everything I know and can share about lashes in yesterdays thread. Then I get a question which makes me think, thread!

"I've got to the stage where I want to start being a bit more adventurous with my eyelashes, using a mixture of lenths, curls and thicknesses. I'm just worried I will get in a right pickle having so many different sets out.
How do you manage to get them all on your mat and remember what they are."

Ok, so I got asked the question above and thought I should answer this here just in case anyone else wanted to know.

I don't store my lashes in lash pots. I get my lashes in little baggies and keep them like this. I've got 2 little boxes from Rymans, they're called 'really useful boxes' Can't upload the picture but got a link to their site

Go Shopping - Really Useful Boxes - Full Range

I think it's the 0.14 litre I've got but it's hard to judge looking at the picture. Basically the little lash baggies fit upright perfectly in these boxes. So I have a box for all my c curls and another for my b curls. I then have the baggies in lash size order. Makes it easy to get the bag of lashes I want, I've got quite a lot.

Ok, now this is going to sound sooo anal! I tend to have 3 different lashes out at a time. I'll start with the shortest lashes I'm using, say c9. Prob count out 5 of them in a little pile in the middle of the pad, these are for the left eye. To the right count out another little pile of 5, these are for the right eye. Pop some spare c9s to the far left of the lash pad.

Then I get my next size out, say c9 and count out piles of 10, 15 or 20. doin a pile for the left eye and right eye underneath the previous piles. then do a little spare pile.

Then I repeat this process for a third size.

I know it's gay to count out my lashes, but I got into this habit as a beginner coz I could never remember how many of the buggers I'd stuck on. Now I do it so I don't need to count my lashes at the end.

Have fun, mix, mix, mix. Mix different lengths, thicknesses and curls. The more you mix the nicer your sets will look. Natural lashes aren't all the same size, so your extensions don't need to be either.

Only thing is don't get too carried away if you're pushed for time.

Hope this is of use. And hope I've explained myself ok.

Yolanda x

Latest posts

Back