Orly gel chipping at tip

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmaw

Reaction score
hoping someone can help me! :smack:

I've been doing orly gel fx nails for years and bizarrely i'm now having problems with every set chipping at the tip.

this is and has always been my application process:

1 - cleanse nail with acetone
2 - push cuticles, file tips and buff to remove shine
3 - cleanse nail with acetone
4 - prime
5 - thin layer of base coat and seal edge
6 - cure for 30secs
7 - thin layer of colour coat and seal edge x3 or 4coats dependent
8 - curing all coats for 30secs
8 - thin layer of top coat and seal edge
9 - cure for 30secs
10 - wipe nail clean with acetone

the nails last 1day if lucky and all the tips start to chip. the nails are no longer sticking to the nailbed as they peel off easily whereas they always use to stick like glue.

I use the orly led lamp and the lights work on it, I've also used my friends uv lamp to check it's not the lamp and same's happening again, I don't know what to do and would appreciate someones help! thank you.

I don't think you should be using acetone to cleanse and remove inhibition layer. The orly system has their own cleanser you should be using for that and removing the inhibition layer.

I also wanted to ask when you said "the nails are no longer sticking to the nailbed as they peel off easily whereas they always use to stick like glue."
Do you mean the natural nails are lifting off the nail bed? Or the product is lifting off the nail plate?

Have you always used acetone? Seems weird if youve never had a problem until now try asking them but personally I would assume it was the acetone try investing in some of their 3 in 1 cleanser see if that helps x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back