Over charged for hair extensions?

GemGrayx

I am a fully qualified beauty therapist but asking some advice on hair extensions for myself.

On Thursday I had some Nano hair extensions fitted. I was charged £50 per pack x 5 packs and £60 fitting. I was also given some spare hair in a clear bag. Which I put in my handbag and forgot about.

I was unhappy with them not any fault of there’s I just didn’t like the feel of them and the tension it was causing on my hair so I had my hairdresser remove them all yesterday. I have lumps all over the back of my head they were so tight.

So, there are 25 pieces of hair per pack and I apparently had five packs fitted.
When I had my hair all removed I counted the hair and there were exactly 100 strands of hair.
I checked my hand bag and I got the ‘spare’ hair out, which I counted and there were 25 strands of hair in the clear bag, 25 strands is a full pack.

Are the salon right to charge me for five packs of hair if I only had four packs fitted? I had two different blondes fitted into my hair.

I’ve only had the hair in two days so definitely didn’t lose any.

I am not bothered about the money, it is more the principle, I feel like I’ve been completely robbed.

I have rang the salon and I am awaiting a manager to call me back I was just wondering if I am in the right to complain or is this normal?

Trinity

Brush Slayer Geek
Not a hairdresser but you had 4 packs fitted and one spare in your bag, that equals 5 packs - no over charge by my calculations

Eloise86

Eloise86
Ppl don’t realise that yes, I do find that hair extensions are uncomfortable for the first week.. that should be explained to you I feel. But you had 4 packs in your hair and then 1 pack spare, therefore I don’t know how you can feel overcharged? I will would though it’s better to be cautious and have too much hair than not enough...

ciderella71

The spare hair was in both shades by the look of it so it wasn’t a spare “full” pack they could return. It was half a pack on one shade and half a pack of the other

GemmiLou

Newbie Nail Tech
No you were not overcharged. Thats a very good price x

abcmyers

I think it’s expensive. You can buy hair as cheap as XX pound per pack of 25. I charge per hour to fit Yes make a profit on your time but that’s double the cost of extensions. I too would feel robbed. I’m an extensionist hair dresser and trainer. One thing I’m not. Is greedy x. Salons do make good profit but have lots of outlay. I’m mobile x.

[edited by a Mod to remove Trade prices.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Eloise86

Eloise86
I think it’s expensive. You can buy hair as cheap as XX pound per pack of 25. I charge per hour to fit Yes make a profit on your time but that’s double the cost of extensions. I too would feel robbed. I’m an extensionist hair dresser and trainer. One thing I’m not. Is greedy x. Salons do make good profit but have lots of outlay. I’m mobile x.

I always go for the expensive hair and it lasts me over a year, you get what you pay for cxxxxx

redlottie13

JUST BE NICE

Good quality hair is as expensive as you want to pay.
I pay approx the price the OP stated.