Painting Colorpops Question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Glynis*

Gooner Geek
Reaction score
I have just finished painting about 100 colourpops!!

Most of them are absolutely smooth and shiney and look really nice, but about 10 of them seem like the paint has tiny ripples all over. I am only using OPI polish and the rippled ones include dark and light colours.

Anyone got any ideas why this has happened on some and how I can correct it. I just hate things not to be perfect!

must be oil on the pop before you painted. like from your fingeres. clean pop before painting like with scrub frish.

There was another recent thread about this. I have this problem on my painted colourpops, and apparently the reason is that you are supposed to paint the back of the colourpop, not the top as though you were painting a tip.

p.s - DONT scrubfresh your colourpops you will ruin them as they will weaken and break

Thanks for those replies. The thing is its only done it on a few of them, most of them are absolutely shiney. I tried cleaning them first with polish remover and this made no difference.

I might just order a few more and paint the backs, as suggested. I'd really like to know why it only happens with some colours and not others.

Latest posts

Back