Pamper Evening help. Short treatment times!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumpapple

Reaction score
Hi all,
Wondering if some of you geeks can help advise me and let me know what you would do...
I am doing my first stall at a pamper evening in 2 weeks time and the lady running it says that any treatment you offer MUST be 15mins and only be £5.
Originally I was planning on doing the evening more to get my name out there and be available to talk to potential customers.

She asked me to offer file and polish but I'm really not very confident to do that in 15mins... There would be no way I could do that with cuticle work in that time and as very new I don't want to do a rush job and then have it work in the opposite way for me where people might think I do an awful job and never book with me!
What would you do? I was thinking about possibly offering a hard skin removal for feet with a leg and foot massage afterwards using my microplane. Has anyone done this at a pamper evening?
Like I said I'm not worried too much about the treatments for now but I would like to be able to feel I can do a good job of whatever I choose in 15 mins. Does that make sense?
As a business I offer manicures, pedicures, gelish, nail art.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot

xx

Hi! You could miss out the cuticle work, just do a file and polish and if you have a couple of spare minutes a short massage.im doing one soon and she wants me to do shellac, I to her I'll only fit 2 in and she said fine.
However I thought about doing just a free shellac pinkie?
Or one hand shellac, one hand normal polish/vinylux?

In your case Gelish obv x

Hi! You could miss out the cuticle work, just do a file and polish and if you have a couple of spare minutes a short massage.im doing one soon and she wants me to do shellac, I to her I'll only fit 2 in and she said fine.
However I thought about doing just a free shellac pinkie?
Or one hand shellac, one hand normal polish/vinylux?

Well I had a go on my cousin as a freebie and tried just file and polish without cuticle work to see how long it took and although the finished result looked ok and she was really happy, I wasn't. It goes against everything I've been taught if I exclude cuticle work and surely some people really will need cuticle work. I think it would be silly to do it if I wasn't happy and like I said in my original post I would rather do my best job than only be able to do 75% job.

Again, Gelish won't work in the 15mins. I did consider the gelish pinkie and then say come back within the week for the rest at x% off but I am always about 2-3 weeks booked up so this is going to work either... hmmm... anyone else any ideas?

File, Hand and arm massage, mail strengthener and cuticle oil. A 10% off voucher and have hand cream, strengthened and cuticle oil to retail. Take all your polish colour charts so you can chat through whilst doing your treatments.
Hth xx

File, Hand and arm massage, mail strengthener and cuticle oil. A 10% off voucher and have hand cream, strengthened and cuticle oil to retail. Take all your polish colour charts so you can chat through whilst doing your treatments.
Hth xx

I was wondering about doing something like this.. or even nail buffing/shining.
Have you done it before and has it worked well?

Does anyone know any nice hand creams to retail other than the CND scentsations? They are quite large and would like something a bit smaller to retail but good quality?

Yes I have done similar before and a hand treat with buff/shine is also a great idea. Clients get to see your professional treatment without faffing with polish. The scentsations small creams 58ml are great and orly also do some small ones. Hope it all goes well xx
Sorry about my typos I hate posting from my phone!

How about just going a foot and leg massage :)

CND scentsations do the smaller bottles at around £7.50 retail price x

Got my evening this Friday. Has anyone done a raffle for free treatment at all? If so how did it go? Did you offer a few different prizes or just the one?

Also what's the best and most efficient way to keep tools sterilised if not having breaks between treatments?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I sell the small scentsation ones for £4.99 and larger lotions and washes for £11.95 and pinkie solar oils for £4.00

They sell well.

I do a little draw string bag with a small scentsation, solar oil, 2 sweets and confetti with a business/loyalty card attached for £9.99 which sell well at pamper parties.

Also pretty nail files, there are so many at the moment with animal print, flowers etc.

Got my evening this Friday. Has anyone done a raffle for free treatment at all? If so how did it go? Did you offer a few different prizes or just the one?

Also what's the best and most efficient way to keep tools sterilised if not having breaks between treatments?

Anyone?

Barbicide, when I was mobile I used a jam jar that I had fancied up which works well

Do you have to go and wash tools before using barbicide? Just trying To work out the best way when I'm not going to have time between clients!

Also do you have to fill out client consultation forms for insurance at pamper evenings?

Also do you have to fill out client consultation forms for insurance at pamper evenings?

Maybe you do but I never have. It would take up the whole treatment time. I only ever do file and polish on pamper evenings. I use a new disposable file for each client. Give it to them at the end of the treatment. No cuticle work. I know, goes against the grain but if you're just doing speedy £5 treatments, unfortunately there's no time for that. My cuticle work can take up to 10 mins depending on the state of them and honestly most of the people who go to these stalls don't have regular manicures. :eek:

Do you have to go and wash tools before using barbicide? Just trying To work out the best way when I'm not going to have time between clients!

I have some sterilsafe wipes so I can wipe them down before returning them to the jar but you could use a cotton pad and dip it in the barbicide to wipe then put the tools in. All if you are going to so the cuticle work that is

Latest posts

Back