Part-time mobile spray tans?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyjaneX

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I'm not sure that this is the right place to post, but I wasn't sure where to ask...

I work full time but as I am just starting out in my career, I am still on a low wage. I do not have any beauty training, but I am really considering starting to do spray tans mobile in my spare time (probably just for friends and family to begin with). The money side isn't huge, I'd just love to be able to make a little bit extra and just be able to do something extra.

I am looking at the Suntana Maximist Plus Complete Tanning Kit as it is low cost and has really good reviews (from what I can see). Could anyone give me some advice about the actual training course? Suntana don't do a course near me, are there any courses which don't cost an arm and a leg and won't make you buy their Spray Tan kit?

Thanks in advance! Xxx

Can I ask if you don't buy the training companies spray tan kit then what are you going to use? & how will you then decide what tanning machine to purchase if you've no knowledge & experience with it? A decent spray tanning solution isn't cheap & if your only going to be spraying family & friends initially, trust me they are not going to want to pay the going rate for you to even make a tiny bit of profit!! I would say minimum start up would be a few ££ at least!!Also Tanning solution only has a 6 month shelf life & if you haven't used it, it goes green as it oxidises, making it unusable! I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but this isn't the way to make a quick buck, I would save your money unless your going to turn it into a profitable business!

I did a course at the Beauty Academy in Glasgow but didn't buy their kit as I'm not keen on the NSI trade tan. The course wasn't expensive and I bought my kit elsewhere. Most companies will offer training and the kit as an option and you may receive a discount on either the kit or training if you buy both.
Good luck x

Try Guild Beauty web site love,
They are all fully accredited trainers and you can search by post code to see whats local. Not all are bias and will try and sell you their equipment.
Training is training so go for whomever gives you the best price (from an accredited trainer / site such as Guild Beauty). Once trained you can use anything you wish :)
It doesn't matter what you train with, I have used several brands of solution and equipment over the years I have been tanning and I'm always keen to try the latest ranges out or read reviews.
You can get samples (usually free) to try solutions before you buy (and with the free samples you can get some cheap tans done while your still getting familiar).
I tan from home (usually) out side of my 9-5 job. it doesn't pay the bills but makes a decent kitty over a few months for treats.
All the best :)

Latest posts

Back