Pay/Commission for different levels of stylists/colour techs???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

company1

Reaction score
Hi
Was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what the basic pay would be & commission for the positions of a salon manager and everyone working below them. the salon will run with hair stylists and colour techs each sticking to their own field of work...? thanks xx

I just started at a new salon and I'm getting 65% (the salon gets 35%)... I've only been doing hair for 2 years but to me that seems fair.

Where i live 50%. 60% after a good clintale. After they take the price of what ever perm or color they use. They are coverd by min wage based over a month if they have no clients.

I've only managed a salon, rather than owned one, but I hope this helps (although they are considered to be v stingy! :s)

Minimum wage for all, and then a fair target set for each stylist/technician to achieve per week. To work this out, look at their average charge per appointment slot, look at the number of clients they could feasibly achieve in the week. Obviously if the targets are too hard/too easy, and as the salon becomes more well known, you readjust them.

In my salon, if you hit your target every week of the month, you got 10% (on top of basic pay), and 2% of any retail.

Latest posts

Back