Period pain

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshLovesTanning

Tanning ❤️
Reaction score
I know this is a weird and personal topic but I figure so what....

I consider you all friends and wanted to share cause I know it will help you.

So for the past couple months I have been getting shooting pains up my bum when I start my period... It literally felt like a snooker cue being shoved up there... Personal AF right?

So was at the doc today and she said this was normal... So last month I found a cure!

I drank Cranberry Juice the night before I got them everynight till I was finished and I got no bum pain what-so-ever!

I don't care about being this open but if you have any experiences please share!
Help I helped someone?

Do you have a tilted womb by any chance? Its a common thing, most of my family do. We all suffer period pains/issues towards the back of our bodies more than the front. So back ache, pain through buttocks, bowel issues (either constipation or IBS symptoms) etc. Its because the womb is resting on the bowel towards our backs so the cramps affect those areas rather than traditional abdomin/belly pain

No, LOL the doctor actually said to me that when women get periods the womb is gorged with blood and that actually makes the womb sit back on the rectum! CRAZY! But she said if I had endometriosis that I would have had the symptoms not just at period time but anytime of the month... and the pain not go at all...
It only started in September so she said if I did have a tilted womb or endo that these problems would have occurred long before now... and the pain won't go... How do you deal with the pain?

Oo sounds unpleasant!! I get ovulation pain which is really painful!! Anyone have any cures for that!? X

I get ovulation pain also but it doesn't bother me at all it's like a little tinge for a second! If it bothers you maybe you should see your doctor?

I used to suffer with bad ovulation pain that lasted a few days! Some months I would struggle to walk or move to quickly! X

I used to suffer with bad ovulation pain that lasted a few days! Some months I would struggle to walk or move to quickly! X

Yeah that's the same as me, I know it's a natural thing, some woman can feel it & some can't. But mine can last anywhere from a few hours to a couple of days, sometimes it can be a dull ache other months it can feel like a deep stabbing pain! X

Yeah that's the same as me, I know it's a natural thing, some woman can feel it & some can't. But mine can last anywhere from a few hours to a couple of days, sometimes it can be a dull ache other months it can feel like a deep stabbing pain! X

It's awful! Doctors kept telling me it was normal though. I had lots of scans done and they never found anything x

I'm perimenopausal and my ovulation pains are worse that period pains, but only for a few hours then I'm fine. All of the menstrual stuff has got worse as I've got older. In my twenties I sailed through my periods with maybe half a day of period pain and nothing else, now I'm lucky if I get a week of symptom free every month.

With regard to pain management, painkillers and a wheatie are my best friends, although it's all about taking the painkillers at the right time and thats no when you are in pain, it's before to ensure they have time to kick in. Literally at the first twinge I'm necking paracetamol 4 hourly, usually that minimises the need for many over the next few days.

I do get ovulation pain although it's nothing but a tinge. When I get the shooting bum pain a pain killer can't even kill the pain it was awful... Luckily I don't get them anymore thanks to cranberry juice! LOL

I feel like up your iron intake and even vit C as these are suppose to be really helpful for pain...
I only need to take painkillers once a month at the first day of my period thankfully.
But I couldn't even go to work with the pain the first few days of my period I don't know how I managed!
Are you still able to work with the pain?

Are you still able to work with the pain?

ermmm...not a lot of choice, I'm self employed, no work, no money. Pain killers, wheatie and grin and bear it :confused::D

Has anyone tried taking evening primrose oil capsules ? I take them now daily x 2 pills and I have found my cycle to be less heavy, pain considerably less and my moods are better.

I didn't think it would work but my homeopath suggested I try it.

Try cranberry juice I feel like it could really help pain killers didn't do anything for me unfortunately but I don't like taking them anyway... I use to get them so bad I couldn't work! I passed out from the pain I couldn't even produce a bowel movement!

Latest posts

Back