Affiliate programs, have any of you tried them?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cali-dude

Reaction score
Hey SG folk!,

I finally have a question that I think is PERFECT for this platform!

So, I've met a few other business owner's in my area that have a client base that may be interested in the services I offer (facials and massage).

The business owner's are now regulars and have suggested they refer my business since they enjoyed their experience at my studio. This has mostly been reviews on our Google business profile and the taking of some leaflets to give to guests. I think this is helpful, but for me the golden ticket is really within their mailing list.

I was considering setting up a more formal arrangement, where I create (via my software) a discount code that they offer to their guests (via their mailing list) which offers a discount to their client base. The discount would be around either 10% or £10...which ever seems more tempting.

Now, my big issue is figuring out a figure to give the business owner per referee. I don't know what the standard is, whether that be 10% or bloody 50%!

I would generate a monthly report on their offer code (which I can send to them for transparency) and pay them a percentage per guest that books.

For me, I think being generous isn't the worst thing as people are giving Treatwell what percentage of their first referee's payment?! And, if I'm lucky, unlike Treatwell, this client may return and will now be on MY mailing list, etc.

One of the business owner's is very established with a very adoring client base (just one story she shared on IG brought on around 20 new followers and 1 inquiry), so I want to make sure I have a proposal that sticks.

Have any of you did referral or affiliate programs with businesses in your area? Good or bad experiences? Things to avoid?

@TheDuchess ... sorry going to be a complete bugger and copy you in. If you know any names on the platform or threads I'd love to hear about them! X

Latest posts

Back