Permanent French acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NaomiV

Reaction score
I'm currently studying a nail tech course by correspondence and I'm up to permanent French acrylic. I find this so difficult. I'm up to live models now so I really do have to be at am acceptable standard. I am using out the door acrylic system (this was sent it me in my kit). I find it very difficult to push the acrylic up into a nice smile line and it seems to dry unevenly. The pinky acrylic that goes over the top settles nicely. Feeling very discouraged. Any tips on how to make it easier? Or tricks of the trade:)

Hello, it's very difficult to do any trade via correspondence I feel you would need a tutor or assistance to actually show you what or how to do each step. It's very difficult via text book.
However it can be done.

Yes it will take awhile before you get to practice and perfect your application.
You need to make sure your bead is within the correct consistency or mix ratio correct. Also it depends which speed your products are? Different products will set at different rates. And the quicker setting are usually for your experienced technicians and the regular setting powders.
I use out the door top coats but am not familiar with their acrylic system.
In South Africa it's all one company sold from nailsforU. So their acrylic is pretty decent.

Just practice on fake hand (glove filled with maize meal and tips) untill you feel comfortable with the application.

Beauty at your finger tips!

In the tutorials section there's some tutorials by geeg that you might find useful - I always struggled with smile lines but after reading those, in particular getting the correct mix ratio for your bead and the one for smile lines, I've found my smile lines much easier to achieve.
I'm sorry I can't post link as on phone app but via browser click articles then tutorials should appear xx

Latest posts

Back