Personal websites for employment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallandcute

Reaction score
hello fellow geeks,

im looking at building my personal website for work and employment purposes and im wondering if any of you have a personal website? i have found some lovely free hosting sites but im unsure of what to put on it as i want it to look professional but its also building my own brand (and not sure i like my own brand tbh) im also finding everything a bit daunting as well as im a real perfectionist.

also geeks that hire staff would you hire someone if they emailed you a link to their personal website which was basically an online cv rather then uploading a cv document like word?

s&c xx

Hi smallandcute.
You should definitely go ahead and build a website. There are lots of free ones. If like me, you are not so expert at all things online (you are probably much better than me tho), get a friend to help. That's what I did. I just paid her back with free make up and facials.
Don't be too perfectionist, it will hold you back! ( I know, because I am also a perfectionist). Just start, and improve as you go along!
If I were hiring someone, I would hire them, if they were good, whether they sent me a link to their website, or e mailed an attached cv. I think a website link is more professional anyway, it shows maturity and professionalism, rather than just a cv document my e mail. When you say ''your brand'', what do you mean? Do you have your own product label?
And why don't you like it?:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back