Photo of Mui

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claire 1

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have also been trying to find out any information about Mui, does anyone have a photo of Mui and her son. One Thailand has a comprehensive list of all unidentified persons who didn't survive, I know it's very a sad thing to have to do but they are urging people who still haven't heard from people to look through the photo's and help idenify persons.

http://www.onethailand.com/

Scroll down to list of unidentified persons

The photographs are very graphic so please only look if you know or have photos of Mui and her son.

Claire x

Hi Claire,

I'm pretty sure Mui did once post a picture of herself on this board a long time ago. I've done a quick search, but couldn't find anything. Perhaps someone will do a search a bit more thorough than I have managed.

Anyway, just wanted to wish you luck. I hope someone can help. :hug:

I think of Mui and her baby every day.

Best wishes,

Karen
xxx

I know that JackieMc (sp) has said that she has a pic but she's not posted it on here as of yet, that way we all have an idea of who to look for.

WARNING Looking through these sites is very upsetting. I accidently browsed on a page thinking it was of survivors BIG SHOCK. Don't think I could bring myself to do it SORRY. Good luck if you do try a search, fingers crossed for a happy result.

Sonia

Hi guys. Yes, Jackie found a pic that Mui had sent her. I've posted it on the Liberty nails site along with some other info about Mui. You can find it at http://www.libertynaildesign.com/muis-info.html I'm not sure how helpful it would be though in trying to id someone who you'd never met.

Just a thought...south tv news have been broadcasting from Phuket along the beach area in the mornings...i was wondering if there was any way we could email the news room with details of Mui's shop and her and her son, maybe its a long shoot but someone might beable to help!!

Seanny,

What a lovely page to put on your site.

I wish you well with it. :hug:

Kind regards,

Karen
xxx

Thanks Karen, hope it brings good news. Vicky, good thinking. I think anything is worth considering at this stage as we're still not sure what communications are in place in Phuket at the moment. I know that Jackie has send out about 40 email requests to different forums, etc, in Thailand and globally, fingers crossed.

I don`t have any picture of Mui I am so sorry, she allways, told me to look in her website when she uploaded new ones, I wish I could look on the website you mentioned, but don`t know if I can, it`s just all so so sad, I honor all who have, done such wonderful things, for her, I tried to reach her many times, after the news of the disaster, but could not find out anything, when was her last post? ?

God Bless
Loretta

Wow what a fantastic thing to do Seanny and Jackie, if anyone does hear anything it would be great to know its so awful, and am keeping my fingers crossed she is ok. I have got three friends in Thailand that went there for a Christmas break and were struck by the Tsunami fortunately they have survived but are seeking treatment so lets hope Mui is ok x x x

I have asked for any info on Mui on the phuket dieaster forums and also have posted on the phuket gazette web-site for any info.
I did have a photo of Mui but can't find it now. I have also has her name translated in thai along with her address.
สุริยาพร้อมบุญ
141/9 ซอยพาราไดซ์ (นอก)
หาดป่าตอง ภูเก็ต 83150

This is her name and salon addy in thai.
I will continue to find something out about her.

Lell what is her addy translated back? IS this Mui's home address or salon address? If some one can pm me as much info as possible i can try my best to find out what i can. I can't promise anything but My uncle's family live over there and he is in daily contact.

diesel1978 said:
Lell what is her addy translated back? IS this Mui's home address or salon address? If some one can pm me as much info as possible i can try my best to find out what i can. I can't promise anything but My uncle's family live over there and he is in daily contact.

Diesel, her salon address is:Mui's Beauty & Nail Salon. 141/9 Soi Paradise (out), Patong Beach, Kathu, Phuket. If your uncle can find out anything that would be great.

I've sent a registered letter to the salon address so maybe we'll find out something from that, it will probably take a week before it's delivered though.

I have just emailed maithai@phuk they operate a webcam in a bar that is still running not from from Mui's salon I have asked them to see if her shop was affected. I have also emailed "buy thai" who are operating a free contact service I have sent them mui's address and details.

Lets all hope and pray she made it through against all the odds.

Claire x

This sounds quite positive http://www.beachpatong.com/

3 January 2005

Tsunami
Thailand is one of many countries affected by the Tsunami natural disaster. In the morning hours of 26 December 2004 Patong was hit. What we went through was horrible but far less than what happened in Indonesia, Sri Lanka or even the disaster in Kao-Lak, Thailand.

There is no risk to visit Phuket or Patong.
The beach here was cleared after 3 days. The beach road is open for traffic and 80% of the bars on Bangla Road Bars are now open again. The pictures you see in the media is not what you see in reality here.
Please observe that only the beach road area was damaged by the tsunami. The Paradise Complex area has never been in any danger. The flood of water did reach up to the Rath-U-Thit road but the flood was totally gone after a couple of hours. There is no risk of epidemic. The Infrasturcture did not fail. We have electricity, water, food, clothes. Phones and Internet have been working all the time.

This is close to where Mui's salon is.

Claire x

I've been looking on several site since the event but most go into Thai language & no guessing I can't understand a word. I'm typing her name in English but I suppose one should really put it in in Thai to get a more accurate response.

Try as many avenues as are available.

I'v just E mailed GMTV and Local Station, both are broadcasting from Phuket. Fingers crossed that one of them helps. I used Lell's and Seanny's info so im praying this may work..!

Fingers crossed...!! :|

I really hope that it works and we all find out that she and her family are safe.

I firstly started looking for Mui, which led me to look for other peoples lost relatives, friends etc. for them. Some of the images are rather graphic, and advise any of you before clicking on any of the links, to be aware, the images seen can be rather unpleasant. (putting it mildly)

As previously said, Mui's area has supposedly not been hit, so fingers crossed she and her family are well.

I hope this will help- I have just found this on phuket gazette which is similar to claires post. it was posted on 8th Jan:

PHUKET: The French Government has revised its travel warning on Thailand, pointing out that damage from the December 26 tsunami was localized and advising its citizens that travel to many places is safe.

The advisory reads (Gazette translation): “The tidal wave of December 26 caused considerable destruction along the southwestern coast of Thailand (the provinces of Phuket, Krabi, Phang Nga, Trang, Satun and Ranong).

“However, the situation varies a great deal. The island of Phi Phi and the area of Khao Lak were ravaged but, in contrast, on the island of Phuket, damage was very localized and limited to certain beaches.

“Daily life continues in a normal manner across most of the island. Many hotels, restaurants, dive centers, etc are working as usual. The situation is the same in Krabi.

“There is no greater risk of infectious diseases than normal. Travel to the area is therefore perfectly possible.

“Access to those sites more badly affected (Phi Phi, Khao Lak) is not prohibited but, on the other hand, it is forbidden to go among the ruins.”

I do hope that she and her son are safe.
xxx

I'm so sad - my heart is breaking!

Please think twice before you view the websites. It really is quite upsetting! I've made a donation to my sister's work - she works for Shell UK who match whatever you pay!

Wish there was more I could do.

God bless everybody affected by this terrible tragedy.

S.x

Latest posts

Back