Quantcast

Pinks and Whites...Smiles=Ack!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yogi

Reaction score
Please please please help me with my white smiles. No matter my approach, my white smiles may as well be frowns :( I've used every technique imagineable...I think. Can anyone help me??

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Have you tried the tutorials on the site yet?

Like this one:
http://www.samuelsweet.com/viewarticle.php?articleid=3&start=1

nJoy

Yogi

Reaction score
Yes...just did...so I suppose it's a matter of practice and patience now. Thanks for your help.

Debs

Reaction score
You`re not alone with those smile lines.........
I printed off geeks tutorial and I have it next to me while I practice, does it make a difference??????????
You should have seen them before that, I keep all my practice nails so I know I`m making progress but I am very hard on myself.
It is like everyone says and practice practice practice, sometimes I think thats the worst word in the vocabulary, its a good job I enjoy doing it, I just wish I could see perfection every time......now wouldn`t that be great

Dawnie

Reaction score
Hiya
If you are useing tips ..use a french tip and use the smile line on that as a guide for your whites it does help you to get the hang of it.
Take care and keep smiling xx

Yogi

Reaction score
I'm using forms. I prefer that, because like every nail tech I know, we expect perfection of ourselves. I tried the tip method, and then realized I came across the same problem when doing a backfill. I think I'll print out the tutorial, that was a great idea. :O) Thanks!

feebeast

Reaction score
When I was in my CND training we got a sheet to perfect our mix ratio on. On the back of this sheet there were pics of "fingers". I play with this now & again. It's laminated so one the acrylic drys you can peel it off & start again.

Unfortunately I don't have a scanner to copy it for you, but maybe someone else on the board knows what I'm on about & can get you a copy. All you would have to do then is cover it in clear fablon and off you go!!!

Hope this helps,

Fi ;)

Yogi

Reaction score
That would be fabulous!! Anyone...??

Debs

Reaction score
Those sheets are a great idea, I did ask if we could keep ours when we did our course but we weren`t allowed. They are only photocopied so it wouldn`t take much to run some off. If there is anyone out there that has one I`d like to be put on the list for a copy please.

feebeast

Reaction score
If it's OK with the geek & mrs geek (I assume copyright is held by them) I can photocopy them for you. If there are a lot of people wanting them tho - I'll need to get you to send me a SAE. Feel free to pm me if you want a copy, & we're told it's ok for us to do so.

Cheers,

Fi

Techgirl

Reaction score
I just did my first pink and white overlay, and it looked more like a blank expression then a smile :neutral:

I got a practice sheet from TT, and do use it but I still have a hard time doing smiles...I also started using a oil bottle to practice my sculpts and I do ok with those... It's just when I get to the actual nail that I have problems :rolleyes:

I also have a hard time doin the pink and white backfills :(
Atleast now I'm not alone in the smile department!

I'm having more of those days where I'm wondering if I got into the right field, I get soooo frustrated anymore :frust:

Jamie

Debs

Reaction score
I'm having more of those days where I'm wondering if I got into the right field, I get soooo frustrated anymore :frust:

Jamie[/quote]

I often think I`ll never make it even though I am in a salon and beginning to earn money at it. I have very little confidence in my work although I`m glad to say that doesn`t come across to my clients.
My smile line is my worst nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts